Chapter 13 - The Big Day

Copyright © 2014

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the limousine pulling up outside the wedding. "Gods that was horrible" I breathe to myself.
"What?" Asks Anna.
"Just a bad vision of the wedding" I reply, shaking my head.
Anna looks at me, pleading me to continue.
"A Tsunami wrecked the wedding" I say, sighing.
"Astrid don't be silly! There are no Tsunamis in this part of the world! It's just Big Day nerves getting to you! Don't let them" smiles Anna.
Merida pops her head back in the limousine "Don't tell me you've had second thoughts?"
"Just talking" I laugh, and exit with Aylia and Anna.
Valka adjusts her arm in mine and the music begins to play as she walks be down the isle. The guests stand and there's 'awwws' and 'you look beautiful' whispers throughout the crowd.
Valka stops at the alter and I quickly glance at the sea as she pulls away, it's calm and clear, good.
Hiccup smiles at me as I stand beside him, he links is fingers in mine and I smile at him. The Priest begins his usual speech but I'm lost in my thoughts. I am going to be Astrid Haddock, I'm going to be with Hiccup. "Hiccup Haddock, do you take Astrid Hofferson to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Asks the priest.
Hiccup looks at me "From the moment I met you, I knew I had to be with you Astrid. I remember once I had crushed my ribs and I was rushed to the ER. The nurse asked me to rate my pain from 1-5, I said 4" he begins, where is he going with this.
"But the 5, Astrid, was when I came so close to loosing you" he says, his eyes water and I feel a tear escape my eyes.
"Through rough and tough" he glances at Ruff and Tuff and they chuckle.
"Through thick and thin, without a doubt in my mind, I do" he says.
The crowd mumbles 'Awws'.
"Astrid Hofferson, do you take Hiccup Haddock to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Says the priest.
"Hiccup, I remember crushing on you in high school, thinking you were way out of my league, mr popular" I tease.
He chuckles. "When I was seated next to you in chemistry and how hard I flushed red when you smiled at me. But the best part, was I fell in love with you, a deep, enchanting love. One that I will never forget, no matter how severe my dementia is when I'm 80, no matter how hard I bump my head chasing Aylia, I will never forget how much I love you" I begin spluttering.
Aylia giggles and Hiccup begins tearing up.
"I always, defiantly, yes of course, do" I say with a laugh.
The audience chuckles and sighs and the priest speaks "You may now kiss the bride".
I place Aylia down and step into Hiccup. He snakes his hands around my back and pulls me in so our lips just brush against each other. He then crashes his lips into mine in a passionate kiss.
I feel myself falling and I grip into him in fear, but realise he's placed me into a dip-kiss. I kiss him back hungrily and I begin to become slightly aroused.
He pulls me back and we break apart, panting for breath and look at the crowd hand in hand. They rise and we receive a standing ovation. I smile at Hiccup and he snakes an arm around my waist, the other around Aylia. The priest steps up "After the glorious wedding of Mr and Mrs Haddock, we would gratefully welcome you to attend the 'After-Party' at NighShaft Gardens. Food and Beverages will be served, as well as a three coarse dinner meal." He finishes.
The crowd stands and leaves to exit and Hiccup lifts Aylia into his arms. I squeeze his hand and we walk to the grey Mercedes Convertible and the driver ushers us in. We drive down the road on our way to the gardens for reception, but those words just keep repeating in my head:
Astrid Haddock Astrid Haddock, Astrid... Haddock.