Chapter 21 - Goodbye

"Body's out!" Yells a nurse and I feel the baby slip from my uterus. I pant in relief as the blackness creeps up on the corners of my eyes. "We're losing her!" Yells a doctor.
"Astrid stay with me!" Yells Hiccup.
I focus on his beautiful face as I slip away. "I...l-l-love you" I whisper.
"No Astrid, NO!" He yells.

--Hiccups POV---
The baby's heads out. Astrid looks at me with pleading eyes, begging me to stop it, to take he pain away. I wish I could, how I wish I could help her. I stroke her cheek and kiss her forehead.
"Body's out!" Yells a nurse.
The baby's dragged out and a towel is placed around her. Astrid heart drops lower and she begins closing her eyes.
"I...l-l-love you" she whispers.
"No Astrid, NO!" I yell, grasping her.
Her eyes close and the heart monitor beeps a long, unwanted BEEEEP. I hang my head and tears roll down my face. "A-a-astrid" I whisper "I love you too".
"Here" the nurse hands me our baby.
I take her ungratefully and look at her. She has little blonde hairs on her head and eyes as blue as the sea. She looks just like Astrid. She's beautiful, but this...thing...killed my fiancé. I hand It back to the nurse and burst out the door. I run out the hospital and start my car. It's all a dream, I'll drive home and Astrid will be waiting for me. I start down the highway, above the limit. Lights stream past me and tears stream down my face. This isn't real...no, no, no, no, no, no.
BAM! I'm conscious while a semi-trailer smashes into my car. I knock my head on the window and it smashes, glass slashing over me. The car slides and flips over the side of the highway, down the valley. Alylia Novella Hofferson...

--Astrids POV--
I walk along the white ground. I look down and study myself, I'm wearing a white-lace dress and no shoes. My hair falls around my shoulders and I pace forward. There's a bright light ahead of me and I stop in front of it. A man walks out of the light. He's wearing a white suit, he's very clean.
"Astrid" he addresses me and smiles.
I stare at him "I'm dead" I say
"Do you want to be?" He asks.
"Who are you?"
"I'm man"
The walls and floor change around me. There's two doors. One is a black door, it's dark and bad. But around it flowers and lights bloom. The other door is yellow, there's a stork painted on the front.
"It's your choice...you can go back, or you can stay?" He smiles.
I look at both doors, and start to think. "Yellow door is life. I walk through it back to my baby, to my friends, to Hiccup" I say.
"Hmm" says Man.
"The black door is death, though it blooms with life. No hurt, no worry...no people" I add
"It's your choice" he repeats.
I step forward towards the black door. Man smiles and takes my hand, we walk towards the door together. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my chest and turn around. Hiccups standing there, in a white suit and tie. He smiles at me and runs to me, I embrace him. I turn and Man is gone. Hiccup nods at me and I take his hand. We approach the door together. I kiss him one last time as we embrace death. He opens the door. We walk in hand in hand. "Aylia Novella Hofferson" he stops. I smile. We continue through the door and are enveloped in the darkness. I grip onto Hiccup as the lights sucked out. He places his arms around me. "Im afraid" I say.
"It's all going to be ok" he says.

Hi Guys!
I cried writing this chapter. Sorry for the sad ending, though I like to think of it as their together (IRL I never think of Astrid and Hiccup dying, it's for the purpose of the book, so please don't be mad) I'm going to continue the series from Aylia (the baby) or she's more commonly known as Lias point of view. There will be a slight pause before the next part, as I'm working on a new series called "Because why not?". It's not a fanfic, it's a high school romance and it would mean a lot if you could check it out! Hope you guys enjoyed this part, the last chapter was hard for me to write tho 😔, but good things will come in the next chapter! Thanks for sticking with me through this one and thanks for 1.K VEIWS!!! What the even, I know what's not a lot, but if you think about it, 1.K (one thousand) is the amount of people that fit into a small football stadium. So thanks so much! I will be posting a sneak peak of the next part; Featuring: Aylia Hofferson, Ruff, Tuff, Merida, Snotlout, Astrid and Hiccup (Lol wut?! 😵) and new character: Sam Adrian!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie
Also thanks to:
@Fluffersnaps
@Httyd_i_am_ASTRID
@