Chapter 3 - Moving In?

I awake that morning to find Hiccup still curled around me fast asleep. Toothless lies at his feet and wags his tale when I pat him. I hesitantly get up and ruffle Toothless's fur. I'm interrupted by a knock at the door. Hiccup looks so peaceful asleep, so I didn't wake him. I slip on his Uggs and climb down the ladder, then descend the stairs. There's another knock and I yell "Coming" then hurry from the stairs. I unlock the hatch and open the door to see Valka, Hiccups mother.

"Astrid" she greets me smiling, but I can tell she's surprised to see me.

I realise how it looks, me in his home, me in his jersey so I try to make up a suitable explanation.

"Valka hi, sorry I got locked out of my house so Hiccup let me sleep on the couch" I say casually.

"That fine dear, is Hiccup home?" She cranes her neck to see inside.

"I think he's still asleep, I'm not sure." I lie.

"Oh well tell him it's from his mother, it's his washing" Valka hands me a large tub.

I take it and say "Thankyou, I'll make sure he gets it"

"Take care dear" she replies and heads off to her car.

I place the washing down on the countertop just as Hiccup walks down the stairs.

"Morning" he says.

I smile "Morning, your mother came by, left your laundry" I gesture to he tub.

"Oh thanks for getting that, would you like a coffee?" He smiles.

"Sure, thanks" I reply.

Then there's another knock. "I'll get it" I say.

I walk to the door and open it. Ruffnut stands there dangling my keys. She looks horrible, typical hangover.

"I was looking for those, thanks. Hangover?" I say scoffing.

"Mmm, headache" she half grunt/mumbles.

I laugh and invite her inside but she declines. I close the door after waving her off and return to Hiccup.

*****|*****|*****|******

It's been two weeks since Hiccup and I have been seeing each other. Exams have started in my second year at Collage. I grab my keys and head over to Hiccups house. I usually stay there now. I helped him set up over the past weeks and the house is almost done. As I enter he's sitting on the lounge and his face lights up when he sees me. He envelopes me in a hug.

"The house looks great, just a few more paint jobs and it'll be done" I exclaim smiling.

"And I want you to be here to share it with me" he says looking into my eyes.

"I am, I'm right here" I laugh

"No I mean permanently"

"You want me to move in?" I'm in shock.

I can't say no but I don't know if I'm ready. I really really like him, and this house is amazing. I could sell my house, pay of its mortgage and have enough money for us both to live on.

"Yes" I squeal and wrap my arms around his neck. He holds me and kisses me . We begin painting the last coat on the walls and move the furniture back into place. Hiccup prepares lunch whilst I remove the plastic sheets and tape from the floor and walls. He smiles at me and brings lunch to the coffee-table.

"Thankyou Hunny" I say kissing him on the cheek.

We sit and eat, watching how the sun catches on the beautiful new silver wall.

Message from Bunnie:

Sorry it's a short chapter I'll try to make the next one longer. Hope your liking the series so far, please comment below ⬇️ your thoughts. Don't forget to vote if you like it! Thanks for the support,

Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟