Chapter 11 - Maybe someday

I burst out into the street and collapse on the ground screaming for him. He's gone, my soulmate, my partner, my best friend. The world starts going black. I reach for e light but it slips away. Doctors rush out just as I slip away.

******|******|******|******

I wake in the hospital. The sun seeps through the window on my left. A nurse approaches me with Dr. Sanders on my right and the nurse begins testing my sight and hearing. Dr. Sanders prepares a syringe. He frowns at me "What were you thinking Astrid?" He asks, looking at me. "He's gone, I just needed to air my head" I say sadly. He jabs the syringe into my arm.

"Astrid, there's someone who wants to see you" he smiles and walks out.

I hear muffled voices outside my door and then a boy walks in. He has messy reddish-brown hair, jade green eyes and a goofy smile.

"No...you not real" I say, tearing up.

"It's me Astrid" he says.

"Hiccup?" I say crying.

He envelopes me in a hug "Thank gods your ok, I love you Astrid" he says, planting a kiss on my lips.

"You remember?" I whimper.

"I remember, thanks to you" he replies.

I punch him gently "Never EVER do that to me again" I say pulling him close.

"I promise" he says sitting next to me.

"Hiccup, you legally died" I say in disbelief.

"Astrid, your going to think I'm crazy when I tell you" he replies.

"Nothing crazy after what I went through" I say.

"They gave me a choice, when I 'died' I don't know who, or why but they gave me a choice. I could go, or I could stay. I could go, be free of the pain, the memory loss. Or I could stay, stay with the pain, the frustration, with you. I chose to stay because of you Astrid". He says.

I begin to sob pathetically and he grabs my hand. "Everyday you came to see me, I remember everything now, but I also remember that. You were my trigger, my savour. You saved me Astrid"

I stare at him.

"You were my memory trigger, I could never live without you" he pulls me close.
He places a hand on my belly. "It's yours, don't worry" I laugh.
He smiles and kisses me gently.

Hey guys! Thanks for sticking with the story and thanks for the support. I might not be publishing as often as school starts up again tomorrow 😔 but I'll try to as frequently as possible! Hope your enjoying it so far!
Xoxo Bunnie💟