29 - Change of View

Pain Demands To Be Felt ~ John Green

***Hiccups POV***
My mind focused on Astrid, the love of my life. I drove down the road, at incredible speed, illegal speed. Tears rushed down my face, though I couldn't get her out of my mind. Her soft blond hair, pure gentle touch and those blue... blue eyes. I quickly swerve a car, earning a beep from someone. I had to make things right with Astrid, I couldn't live like this. She had hurt me... hell, she'd hurt me a whole lot. But I've hurt her, probably just as much. My memory counts through the arguments and fights we've had, but in the end, we were always united. I still felt so much love for her, yet so much... hatred. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a pair of bright lights rushing toward us, and a loud honking. Impact smashes into the car, veering it of the road and over the fence, the car rolls down a small hill, stopping on it's top. "Ah" I gasp.
Cool liquid trickles down my forehead, I bring my fingers to it, blood. The whole car is smashed, compacted into a scrunched up ball. I manage to twist my head to the kids. Aylias eyes are closed, blood seeping from a wound in her head, the air bag just missing her. The twins have both been protected by an airbag, though Asher has a small bruise on his shoulder. "AYLIA!" I yell at her, hoping she's only asleep, she doesn't wake. I feel myself grow weaker, starting to cry. I kick the dash board in frustration. I realise I can't feel my right hand, I look down. To my horror my arm has been impaled right in the wrist by a long piece of glass. "Fuck!" I scream.
I hear muffled voices, people. "Help!! H-h-help!" I yell.
A voice responds "Were coming! Stay awake!" It's a man.
The window beside me smashes and two women poke their head in. "We got one! Alive!" They shout.
Someone shouts something back, but their too far for me to hear. The darker woman opens the door and unbuckles my seatbelt. "No... No my kids" I say, looking in the back.
The blonde haired woman curses "They have kids! Babies" she yells.
On the other side three men open the door closest to Asher and Valkyrie. They unbuckle them both with ease and take them out. A half-feeling of relief washes over me, knowing that their safe, but Aylias still there. The darker woman starts talking to me. "I'm Sasha, were gonna get you out okay? Ambulance and police are on their way, you sh-" she pauses dead as she spots my arm. I attempt to flex it but I can't move it. "Shit" she whispers.
Sirens sound closer and I sigh in relief. About 2 minutes later three paramedics are at the, door. I look down at my arm, blood flowing out everywhere. I begin to feel dizzy, black dots starting to cloud my vision. "Males in pretty bad!" The female paramedic yells.
She realises my unconsciousness starting "He's loosing to much blood!"
I take a last breath as my vision goes black "Just - ge-get... Aylia..."