Chapter 5 - Always Unexpected

The next day I awaken in my lingeré, obviously from last nights antics. I stroke Hiccups arm and he turns to me and smiles warmly, his eyes still closed. I laugh and leave him to sleep. I slip on his Uggs and head downstairs. Stormfly greets me happily and I feed her. I pace over to Toothless and pat his head, he grumbles and looks up at me with those big, green eyes. I smile and fill his bowl. There's a knock on the door and I call "Just a moment" as I race upstairs and pull on Hiccups old jersey. When I open the door I'm shocked to see Snotlout standing there.

"Uh Hi Snotlout" I half expect Ruff to be standing there, but she isn't.

"Astrid, thank god. Have you seen Ruff?" He asks concerned.

"No...she told me she was with you...why?"

"Can I come in? Please" he rubs his neck nervously.

I hesitate, but then see he's clearly upset and invite him in.

I sit him on the couch "Would you like a glass of water?" I ask.

"No no, I just need to find Ruff" he says.

I sit next to him "What happened?"

"Last night, we got home and we had a fight. She told me she didn't want to see me again and stormed out, after slapping me. I've tried calling her and texting her but she hasn't replied and hasn't come home" he sighs "I was so stupid"

"It's ok" I comfort him

"But you can help me find her" he places a hand on my thigh.

I shuffle back beginning to feel uncomfortable "She'll answer me" I say, taking my phone out.

I begin to type in her number when Snotlout leans in and forces a kiss on my lips. I try to push him off but he's to heavy. I retry pushing and then hear a voice behind me.

"What the fuck?" It's Hiccup.

Snotlout looks up and I slap him.

"What the hell!" I say standing.

Snotlout plays it cool "What the fuck are you doing!" He yells shuffling back.

Hiccup stares at me in disbelief. "Are you kidding me Astrid!" He yells.

"No no, it wasn't me he's forced it on me" I begin.

"Woah, you forced it in me!" Says Snotlout

Hiccup still stares at me "What the hell were you thinking?" He yells again.

"Hiccup I swear I would never!" Tears begin streaming down my face.

"Oh really? I walked In on you practically eating his face!" He yells.

"No he forced it on me!" I start to break down.

Snotlout begins to open his mouth but Hiccup stops him. "Just go" he says.

Hiccup turns to me and shakes his head.

"Baby please It wasn't what you think!" I plead.

He ignores me and melts onto the couch.

I run out after Snotlout and grab his arm. "What the hell is wrong with you!" I shout.

"Astrid I...I'm sorry I don't know what came over me" he replied, clearly he was stressed.

"No wonder Ruff left you!" I yell again pushing him back.

"Look she really is gone, and I need your help to find her" he says.

"You think I'm going to help you? I'll find her myself" I say, wiping the tears from my face.

I see Hiccup standing against the doorframe. Snotlout looks at me for a while, then reluctantly walks over to Hiccup and I see them talking. Suddenly Hiccup throws a punch but Snotlout blocks. The next thing Snotlout has Hiccup on the ground and is repeatedly punching him. I run over and start attempting to tear Snotlout off Hiccup, but he's to heavy. I start punching Snotlout, he turns and wacks me away. I fall hitting my head on the concrete and my world starts spinning. Snotlout turns to me and starts swearing "Shit Astrid I'm so sorry"

I make out Hiccup tackling Snotlout just as my world blacks out.

Note from Bunnie: Sorry it was a short chapter again. I'm running out of ideas a little. Feel free to message me and suggest something 💟. I'll make the next chapter a tad longer! Thanks for the support on my fanfic, it's been awesome :)

Xoxo Bunnir