Chapter 6 - Anger

Copyright ©
LINK TO SONG ABOVE ^^ ~ Ed Sheerann, One

A broken bone can heal, but the wound a word opens can fester forever ~ Jessamyn West

*~ Astrids POV ~*
In my dream my life was perfect, I had my family back, my life back. It wasn't stolen by the 'new wife' anymore. When I awoke I broke down in tears, remembering my reality. Beside me I felt the arms of Val. "Mum, it's OK" she comforts.
I hug her tightly as the tears fade away. Hiccup rushes into my room from hearing my cries. His hands are shaking and his breath hoarse. "I- I thought something bad had happened" he says.
Valkyrie scowls at him "It's fine" she spits.
He nods slowly, hurt from her harsh words.

{-~_~-}

*~ Valkyries POV ~*
I walk into the kitchen to see Dad over the sink. "Hey Val" he says.
I don't answer him and sit at the kitchen table. He sighs "What's wrong?".
I glare at him "She's here, and your still with that monster!" I yell.
His hands shake at my outbursts "It's hard for me" he says.
I stand "No, you have a choice! And you chose her!" .
His eyes begin to water "Val please".
"No! You ruined my life! I never knew my mother, you wouldn't let me go! You married a monster! To top it off you tried to kill her! What else are you going to do!?" I yell agian.
"I'm sorry" his voice cracks into tears.
"I hate you" I say bitterly.
His eyes glisten as he stares up at me.
I turn and run out the door, tears dripping off me. I keep running, over the hills of the paddocks, though the bushland and out the other side. The rainclouds collect above me, turning the sky a dull grey. I sit on the hill, wind and rain whipping my cheeks. I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn suddenly to see an unfamiliar face. A boy, with messy black hair. He smiled at me "Hi".
I attempt a smile back "Uh, Hi" I reply.
He sits beside me "Your a far way from home..." He says.
I frown at him "How do you know where I live?"
"Well there's only one other house around here for hours, that one over the hill" he points to my house in the distance.
I nod "Yeah, that's mine" I sigh.
"Something up?" He asks.
I shake my head "No... Who are you?" I say, confused as to were this boy came from.
"I'm Fabian, call me Fab though" he reaches out his hand.
I shake it "Valkyrie, call me Val though".
He smiles "Pretty name".
I blush and smile "Not so bad yourself"
He laughs, but distant yelling interrupts our laughter. His face contorts into fear "W-well I have to go, but I'll see you hear tomorrow, same time?" He asks.
I nod, fond of the new boy I've discovered "Sure" I smile.
He smiles back and runs to the red country house down the hill.

*~ Astrid's POV ~*
The door clicks open and Valkyrie walks in, her cheeks red. I pour her a glass if water and hand it too her, she gulps it down gratefully. "Where have you been?" I ask, furrowing my brows.
"Went for a walk" she smiles.
"Why are you so ecstatic?" I laugh, flipping the omelette I made onto my plate.
She sits down beside me at the table "I met a boy"'.
I smile "Oh, and?".
She catches on to my tone "No! Not like that, he's really nice"
"And attractive?" I joke.
She punches me playfully "No! Oh god Mum"
I laugh with her "There's something different about him though"
I listen intently to her. "For starters, he's the first person I've met that hasn't stared or mentioned my stump".
Joy rises inside me knowing my daughter has found something that makes her happy.
"I heard the argument with your father" I say, addressing the matter.
Valkyrie sighs "I know I was harsh"
"I just don't want your relationship to crumble... Like mine" I reply.
Valkyrie nods "Okay..."
Valkyrie retreats upstairs after having afternoon tea. I begin to wash the dishes as Tiana enters the room. She cocks her head high and purses her lips. "Evening Tiana" I say, trying to make friendly conversation.
She scowls at me "Don't talk to me".
"Sorry" I reply, looking away.
"I can't believe you thought you'd just come back here to my house, my kids and my husband!" She exclaims.
Anger bubbles up inside me at her words 'my kids and my husband', yeah right! "Actually Tiana, biologically their my children, and also, I don't remember signing the divorce papers between me and Hiccup... So technically were still married" I say with sass.
Tianas eyes widen and she launches herself at me, I duck and swerve her attack. Tiana crashes right into the washed plates behind me. "Your crazy!" I yell as Hiccup comes running in.
He sighs at the sight if Tiana and points upstairs "Go" He says sternly.
She sighs and trudges up the stairs. Hiccup looks at me "Sorry".

OOOH,
A lil bit of friction in the Haddock household!
Hopefully everything is resolved soon :D
Don't forget to check out the song, I very much absolutely love it (good English there ⬅️)
Anyways, love youhs!
Xoxo Butterflybunnie 💟