Seventeen

For the first time since her arrival to Tokki's hideout, Ha-Na stepped out into the back garden to catch a breath of fresh air after the day had ended. During that morning meal, both Ha-Na and Tokki sat in silence in the dining room. That was the only time she saw Tokki- he must have left for some business shortly after that. Last night was still on both of their minds to say the least- Tokki's crying and pleading went unanswered, and Ha-Na didn't have the heart or the right mindset to give the man a response.

That was the first time in a while where Ha-Na broke down like that, and she hated it when that happened- she felt so helpless and exposed, thus her reasoning for isolating herself in her room. Though she was alone in her dark room, she felt an odd and twisted sense of safety. She wished she could cope with her insecurities with someone else's presence, but with what she's been through, that was too much to ask for.

After walking along the edge of the backyard pool, she sat down on one of the beach chairs. Ha-Na leaned back against the backrest, letting her tensed body have an attempt to relax. Her tired eyes looked up at the stars spotting the black sky above her. With the lack of light pollution around her, the stars sparkled like the fireflies dancing around her.

Ha-Na wrapped the sweater she was wearing tighter around her, feeling a cold breeze of air sweep by. She tucked her knees into her chest, covering those as well- wearing shorts outside during a chilly night was not a good idea. The woman remembered when she would go sit out on her childhood home roof just to watch the stars until she felt sleepy. Tonight was the only night that was clear enough to see the stars in their full glory. Whether or not she was thankful for Tokki's absence was up for debate- while her mind was in shambles, she wished that she wasn't alone for the entire day.

At least when Tokki was at home, he would invite her to watch a film in the living room so she wouldn't feel so isolated, despite staying in a huge house. Ha-Na was afraid of her fate with him, knowing what kind of connection they had. She had never believed in soulmates for reasons she couldn't bring herself to think about in depth. Her soul had been forever scarred, not even her other half could fix it.

However, where she was now, she couldn't escape- it was too late. The Tokki had her scent engraved into his mind, and surely he would hunt her down again. Ha-Na sighed as she slipped off of the beach chair and headed back inside.

Closing the back door, she walked through the kitchen, noticing how still the place had remained. Tokki still hadn't come back from wherever he went off to. Feeling slightly dehydrated, she opened up the fridge to grab a bottle of water before going to bed.

Just as she was about to retreat into her bedroom, a pair of arms hooked around her waist and arms right before she opened the door. Her body tensed up and all the air left her lungs when a hot and heavy breath brushed against the crook of her neck. A firm chest pressed against her back, stopping her from going anywhere.

"Ha-Na..." a deep voice croaked.

She turned her head towards the source of the sounds, and her eyes almost shot out of their sockets. Tokki had buried his face into her neck, and didn't appear to be moving. Ha-Na's eyebrows furrowed as a chain of snores reached her ears.

Is he sleep walking...?

"T-Tokki," she stuttered, trying to wake him up.

However, the man refused to budge. He continued to sleep on her shoulder, incoherent mumbling passing his parted lips.
"Don't go..." he whimpered. "Ha-Na..."
The woman's cheeks began to burn with a bright red blush. She really had no other choice but to pull him inside her room and towards her bed. As she did so, the Tokki continued to beg her not to leave, and kept calling her name.

Ha-Na found no way to release the Tokki's arms from around her. Both her and the man fell backwards onto the bed, and he was quick to snuggle into Ha-Na. The woman sighed as she finally managed to pull her blanket up and over them.

The only thing she could do now was try to get some sleep, and that she did. Within a matter of seconds, she was out like a light.