Thirty Nine

Everyone stood in the door frame of Jungkook's bedroom, looking at the youngest male with worried eyes. Even Yoongi was concerned about Jungkook, and most of the time he remains unbothered, unless it was under certain circumstances. Everyone was extremely upset with his current mood, he refused to come out after they got back from looking for Ha-Na. Jungkook denies their orders to come and eat. All he does his lie on his bed with Ha-Na's bunny in his arms.

Jungkook didn't notice the others watching him. Perhaps he did but all he could focus on was Ha-Na, his sweet, sweet soulmate, whom he hurt without wanting to. She jumped in the way of his attack, just to protect Hoseok's soulmate. It costed him his entire relationship with her. He had spent so long building their trust, and it finally got to a point where he could kiss her. All of it disappeared in the blink of an eye because Jungkook couldn't control Tokki. 

A flash image of her beautiful, but gentle smile shot through his mind. He clenched his eyes shut, trying to keep the memory in his head- if that faded away, he would lose it forever. Ever since Ha-Na disappeared, his heart felt like it was burning, as if some set his soul on fire as a punishment for hurting Ha-Na. Jungkook just wanted to have her back in his arms, he would apologize over and over against until he lost his voice. But he couldn't.

"This is all your fault Tokki!" he screamed through his mind. "It's your fault Ha-Na is gone! It's your fault I hurt her!"

Jungkook got no reply back, but he knew the monster inside him was listening. Tokki had no choice but to listen to him.

Jin's soulmate pulled Jin away from the rest of the group, hoping to talk to him about how Ha-Na was doing. She was always worried about her, even more so now, now that she was on her own in such a dangerous world for someone like her.

"Was she there?" she asked.

Jin shook his head, clenching his jaw in both frustration and worry.
"When we got there, it looked like she was home prior to our arrival, evident of the fresh take out boxes on her dinner table. But she wasn't there when we looked through the house."

"Is she hiding from us?" Jin's soulmate asked in a whisper. "Why-"

"Honey, Ha-Na needs some time," he interrupted her, gently palming her shoulder. "What happened back there, none of us were expecting it. We had no control over the situation. Right now the best we can do is support Jungkook and look out for Ha-Na while she has some time to herself."

Jin's soulmate walked into his chest, immediately burying her face into his shirt. The man wrapped his arms tightly around her, as he felt the anxiety and guilt building up inside of her heart.
"Ha-Na will come back when she's ready."

Her hands tightened into fists, and she frowned.
"What if she doesn't come back? What if something happens to her and we aren't there to help her-"

"She'll come back!" Jin snapped, tightening his hold around her. "She's feeling the pain that Jungkook is feeling, no matter how hard she tries, nothing will sever their connection. So stop asking "what if's," and just be patient."

Meanwhile, Ha-Na was unable to pick herself up and off the the floor of her bedroom. The burning in her chest had grown tenfold, and sucked all of her strength out of her muscles. She fell to the floor and was unable to move a single finger. It wasn't because of her last few days if takeout, or her isolation, it stemmed from her lonely soul. Her insides felt empty, like all the life was yanked right out of her.

The moment she heard Jungkook's voice, the ache deep inside of her had begun to grow with each passing hour. She lost all feeling in her body, and her mind felt exhausted. Her consciousness was slipping away from her, she desperately tried to reach for it but it fell between her fingers like sand.

Jungkook suddenly shot up from his bed, feeling a stabbing pain pierce his chest. It wasn't his own, but it was strong enough to feel Ha-Na's soul.
"Ha-Na!" he screamed before running out of the room, pushing past everyone else.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Where-!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Jungkook flew out the door like the Iron Man printed on his socks.

"What are you waiting for?!" Hoseok's soulmate huffed. "Follow him!"