Thirty Eight

She remained inside the house for a few days, simply ordering takeaway straight to her house to ensure that she didn't have to leave. Her heart was full of a dull ache, nothing she couldn't handle but something that was always there. She sighed softly, tying her hair up as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She had continued training, simply ghost fighting and simple workouts, she might not be living with them anymore, but she still needed to make sure that she could fight as Ha-Na had been seen with the group now and those that opposed them would be aware that she was associated with them.

She stared at her reflection, at her brown eyes that matched. She never thought that she would feel so repulsed at having matching coloured orbs - at first she felt relieved that she wasn't the one person parents always told their kids stories about, the one person who didn't have a soulmate and wasn't tied to anybody. But now, after everything, she wasn't sure she even wanted a soulmate. She frowned lightly before splashing her face with cold water to snap herself out of her thoughts. As her head was down, and the cool water coated her skin her doorbell rang.

Her head snapped up and she froze, standing still.

"Hello?" She heard the voice and she sighed. He must've been talking through the letterbox. "Is anybody home?" The doorbell rang a few more times. She then decided that she needed to leave, because if Jungkook had an inkling that she was in the house at that very moment, they wouldn't hesitate to just waltz right in.

She opened the bathroom window, grabbing her keys that she had left on the bathroom sink anyway, and slid out the window. She balanced on the window ledge and she heard the lock on the front door open. She the closed the window before gripping onto the wall and climbing downwards, so she had less of a chance of hurting herself if she fell.

Jungkook entered the house, the boys with him. They didn't necessarily agree with breaking into the house, but they hadn't heard off Ha-Na since she left without any of them knowing. Ha-Na wasn't completely trained, so if someone came for her, and she didn't let go of her morality, she would've been easily overpowered. They were worried about her, and Jungkook wanted to apologise and bring her back with him, back to safety.

"Ha-Na?" Jungkook called out, his heart sinking when he didn't even hear footsteps.

"We're sorry for breaking in... We truly are, but are you here?" Namjoon called out and they got no reply once more. They walked further into the house, and saw that she had been there recently by last night's takeaway on the dining table.

"I've truly lost her, haven't I?" Jungkook croaked, eyebrows pulled together in a frown.

"Not necessarily." Jimin rubbed his back.

"She'll let us find her when she wants to be found, but in the meantime we should leave her be so she doesn't have to sneak about thinking we'll waltz right on into her home." Hoseok smiled softly. "Us being here puts her more at risk."

"I guess so..." Jungkook whispered in agreement. "Let's go then."