Twenty

"Come with me." He spoke, his face full of anger but his eyes soft and welcoming. "It's the boys." He muttered softly.

"What's wrong?" She asked softly, hand in his as she held his eyes. Her entire body radiated concern. Her eyes were as soft as his, the sunlight that poured into the room gave her eyes a honey kind of glow to them and Jungkook had to keep a leash on his actions to prevent making her uncomfortable - he sighed softly.

"The man who took their soulmates has sent a threat. They want all hands on deck to prevent that." He hummed, looking down at his hands and then she realised that he didn't want to get them dirty again. She brought them both tenderly into her own hands and looked up and smiled softly.

"I won't judge you for helping them." She spoke softly. Jungkook's shoulders slumped slightly in relaxation and she smiled at that. "I don't know how you know them, but I won't judge you for something like helping your friends."

Jungkook's eyes wandered to his hands being encased in her smaller ones. "Will you come with me? It could be a tactic by the man to leave you vulnerable and alone... I won't risk that."

"I-"

"I won't let you see anything too violent unless you have to." He muttered softly. "I promise you, you'll be safe as long as I'm around."

"Okay..."

"Go grab something to wear quickly. We're leaving in ten minutes."

She ran upstairs, the only clothes she owned were the outfit he had collected her in, and a simple vest top and jeans. She quickly changed and tugged on the boots she owned before running back down the stairs and colliding with Jungkook who was slinging a backpack over his shoulder. He steadied her, chuckling.

"Here." He grabbed a hoodie from the rack and threw it to her. "You'll be cold. Now let's get going."

The two were soon off, speeding down the highways which had Ha-Na gripping onto the car door with her knuckles turning white. The engine roared as Jungkook easily navigated between cars with enough space to make sure he didn't hit them whatsoever, but not enough space to put her at ease. She glanced over, his face had hardened and she had noticed the rabbit mask poking out his bag which made the blood that ran through her veins cold. She shook her head lightly. He'd return to the softie she had grown fonder of the past couple of days, after all this was done... Right?