The bar.

Frisk.
Humming the song I was about to sing, I put on my makeup. I already had the dress on. It was almost time for my gig.

When I walked out, the pianist waved me over to the side of the curtain. "The Don's here. And he brought a freak."

The Don was the biggest crime boss in the city. Why he would come to a run down old place like this I dont know, but the man next to him is what caught my attention.

He wore a black suit, but with a blood red vest. He had a red tie, red shoes, heck even the smoke coming out of his mouth looked red. He was large, but not fat. And he was a skeleton. A monster.

I caught myself staring. "We can't get more freaks into here." The pianist got a smack across his face.

"Don't you dare call him a freak. He is just like you and me, just with a few kills under his belt." He just groaned and sat at the piano as I walked up to the stage and preformed.

After the performance I got an applause. "Now I would like to thank a special guest for coming here tonight. Another round of applause for the Don and his friend." I blew a kiss at the Don.

After I walked off I went into the bathroom, right as my phone rang. I answered it and listened as a person told me that my momma and daddy had just been shot by one of the Don's men. I thanked them, hung up, and fell to the floor and started crying.

I thought it couldn't get much worse...

I was wrong.