What was that?

Sans.

I stared at her, dumbfounded.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" She acted like she didn't know.

"What the hell did you just do that for?"

"They were a potential threat. I'm not taking risks." She was so calm about this. It made me concerned.

"I've never seen ya do something like that before. What about when I've had to save you?" She shrugged. She just shrugged. Something wasn't right...

"Your eyes..." She stopped dead. Looking me straight in the eye sockets. A psychotic smile creeped up in her face. Her eyes were ice blue.

"Heh. Took you long enough." The grin just kept spreading. I could see Frisk's pain and struggle in her eyes. She was fighting against this. Then I got mad.

"I've felt with your type before." I turned her SOUL red. Her smile faded. "I just gotta get you out." He made her SOUL expose and saw the shadow. The shadow around it. Red against black.

I was shaking with anger. I grabbed the shadow and yanked. Frisk's voice, her actual voice, screamed in pain. I stopped, looking at her.

"Please... l-let her talk." I sighed and let go. Frisk looked thoughtful for a second, then one eye turned blue while the other stayed green.

Whaaaaaat the heeeeeelllllll???

Whenever you think of possession... this is not what you think of. You think of full control. That apparently wasn't the case. I was dumbfounded once again as their voices talked as one.

"This can all be explained. If you are willing to listen." They looked at me pointedly. I nodded.

"Ok. So I will tell you what happened. When I was born... when Frisk was born... she had a mis-formed SOUL. They knew a solution that would solve it. Another SOUL's support. I just happened to be listening in. And I didn't want a child to die from a weak SOUL, and volunteered. I don't take her over much, just enough to stretch my legs and get a little time. Not even much. But as you saw... you can't separate us. It hurts both of us. And Frisk would die. So you both need me."

I stared. Taking everything in.

"What?"