Sans?

Frisk.

When I woke up, I didn't open my eyes. There was so much pain. I could feel bandages on me. Stomach, leg, and under my eye. I felt so weak.

I could hear... crying? What? Who was crying?

I opened my eyes, squinting. Then I looked over to see Sans... he was crying.

"Hey..." My voice was soft, but his head snapped up when he heard me. His apparent permanent smile was now a frown. He looked miserable.

"It's ok. Don't cry." Seeing him like this... Was breaking me. I reached my hand up and put it on the side of his face. He smiled at me and held my hand against his cheek. I wiped his tears away with my thumb and he just smiled wider.

"Why are ya cryin'?"

"I thought I lost you Sweetheart." He wiped his tears away. I started to sit up but he stopped me.

"You lost a lot of blood. More than you thought. You need rest." His accent sounded soothing. I nodded and laid back down. He stood up and went out of the room. Probably to get something.

I heard him downstairs talking so somebody. Arguing. And then the door opens. I looked over and was surprised to see the taller skeleton, his name I didn't know. I didn't flinch, just looked at him, blank.

"H m m . . ." His voice didn't have an accent. But rang true. Even with the smallest noise, it showed authority.

"Howdy." It was plain, but he just looked more curious. He walked away, then I heard him break up the argument that was downstairs.

All three skeletons entered the room. Sans looked scared. I just watched them. I sat up, even though Sans clearly didn't like it. I moved pretty slow, it was painful. I faced them and sat with my legs crossed.

"Sans? Why is that human woman from the protection fee collection here?" Papyrus looked puzzled. But Sans cut off whatever he was going to say.

"W h y i s s h e i n y o u r r o o m ?"

I didn't wince at his tone, but Sans did. And he replied with a shaky voice.

"S-She was hurt. And really bad. S-She was gonna die a-and I didn't want her to s-so I brought her here." He gestured to me, I waved. I could tell he mentally facepalmed.

"Hmm. Wingdings? What do you think we should do with her?"

"S h e i s S a n s ' s
r e s p o n s i b i l i t y ." And with that he turned his heel and left.