King and Queen.

Sans.

I helped her put on the necklace, then we headed out for the opening parade. I knew that we would do two parades as King and Queen of Mardi Gras, the opening and closing parades.

"Hey. I know a shortcut. This way." I led her to the floats, she looked curious until I pulled out two crowns. She gasped as her eyes widened.

"We're... The king and queen of Mardi Gras?" I nodded and she hugged me. I could feel her happiness through my watch, and it made me smile.

She took the crown and carefully put it on my head, then I put the tiara on her head. We headed up into the float together and stood on the stage. I had a surprise planned for her.

"Now, I got a surprise for ya. Just so ya know." She looked at me with a mix of excitement and curiosity, but the float started moving before she could ask.

The float made its way through the town, and stopped in town square. Then I was handed a mic and music started playing. Her eyes lit up as she looked at me.

"If I had the money, let me tell you how it'd be. I'd take over the country, everyone would bow to me. Sit up in my palace and baby you wouldn't be my queen. We'd run this ship together, just you wait and see. We'll be royalty."

She took the mic from me and started singing herself. I was quite surprised.

"So would you cover me, if I gotta take out any enemy. Yeah, cause if might get ugly. Plannin things that you don't wanna see-e-e." Then we both help the mic.

"About to party with stars."

"Fancy cars."

"Girl don't quit on me now. If I gotta rob or steal."

"No big deal."

"Girl let me break it down." Then we sang a duet and danced.

"If I had the money let me tell you how it'd be. I'd take over the country, everyone would bow to me." Then I sang alone.

"Sit up in my palace and baby you would be my queen." Then the duet lasted throughout the rest of the song.

"We'd run this ship together, just you wait and see. We'll be royalty."