Prologue

2003

A little girl with two small pigtails was sitting in a garden, crying profusely.  She was intently looking at her fallen icecream with her big brown eyes. She couldn't believe that the icecream she got from her father after so much beggings fell right out of her hand. She was sure that the next time she would get an icecream would probably be ages later.

Suddenly a small boy with messy brown hair and stormy grey eyes appeared out of nowhere and sat right beside her.

"Hey. Why are you crying?" He enquired.

At this the tiny girl started crying more.

"Hey, hey, hey. Stop crying alright. Now tell me whats the matter."

"My... my icecream.. fell..and I..", she couldn't continue any further. Her crying worsened.

"Well, you are crying over an icecream
Tell you what. I have a spare. Why dont I buy you one?"

"You will?" She asked hopefully .

"Yea sure ," he smiled.

The girl then jumped on top of him giving him the tightest hug possible. She was so grateful towards him.

"Thank you so so much. You are my best best friend"

The boy chuckled.

"Well best friend.  What's your name?"

"Sabrina."

He grinned towards her. "And I am Adam."

2008

Sabrina was walking home, disappointed that no one remembered her birthday. She could care less about her family. They never remembered. And even if they did, they never bothered to celebrate. After her sister's death, no one looked the same way towards her. Her father barely talked to her and was extremely distant towards her. She sometimes felt that he cared but most of the time it felt like he didn't. And her mother never forgot to throw hateful words at her. It was only her 2 year old brother, Jay, who seemed to enjoy her company. She was sure that when he grows up he would hate her too and blame her for Shirley's death, just like her parents.

She expected Adam, her best friend from the age of 4, to atleast remember her birthday. He was 2 years elder to her. But that never bothered him and he always hung out with her, and only a few times hung out with his other friends. He meant everything to her. Because he was her only friend.

But even he didn't remember her birthday!

Suddenly someone pulled her hand and dragged her towards a direction. When she looked up, she saw it was Adam. She didnt want to talk to him so she pulled back her hand.

"What's wrong?" he asked

She ignored him and started walking again.

"Bree, is something the matter? Come with me. You promised dad you would come home today after school".

She couldnt ignore this. Mr.Black was like a father to her.  She couldn't break any promises she made to him.

"Okay," she nodded.

Soon they reached Adam's home. Adam pushed open the door. There was complete darkness .

Suddenly some lights went on, and confetti fell on her.