42

Something to help you during quarantine :)

Still unknown pov

I found myself standing in a long corridor whose walls were painted completely white. But this white didn't symbolise peace for me. It symbolized something closely related to...death

I wasn't alone here though. I was surrounded by a swarm of people who flowed down the corridor just the way River Thames always met it's bank. The mood of the people swirled in unseen currents beneath the dark surface of their faces. Within a thousand strong men and women standing here, there wasn't a single smile here. Everyone was just gloomy.

But they didnt look sad for themselves. They looked at my direction pointedly as if they pitied me and were sad for me.

It felt suffocating.

I immediately started pushing them away as I longed to just move forward and away from all of them.

But soon I reached infront of another crowd. They were not moving, they were completely still. But still they kept glancing at me with their gloomy eyes.

What was going on?

Suddenly the crowd disappeared and there I was, standing infront a man kneeling infront of something. His back was towards me but his posture clearly depicted his broken self.

I slowly walked ahead only to notice that he was kneeling infront of a something wrapped in white cloth. Was it a body?

He noticed me, which is why he looked up towards my direction. For some reason I couldn't make out any of his features besides his eyes. Those stormy grey orbs which looked so beautiful yet so broken.

Immediately he got up on his feet and forwarded towards me.

He lightly held my jaw in his hands and whispered,

"I'm sorry. I love you"

Somehow I found both comfort and pain in his words.

He loved me? Why? He didn't even know me. How can a stranger claim to love me. It was just not right.

But before I could respond, he pushed me back into a bottomless pit of complete darkness...

......

"Ahhhh," I screamed and shot up in my bed. My hand was covering my chest and I ran breathless.

It was just a dream. Just a dream

Immediately Draco , whose sleep definitely broke due to my loud shriek, rose up in the bed beside me. His eyes looked sleepy. Yet he just asked,

"Are you okay sunshine?"

I just nodded my head in denial. I couldn't really form any coherent sentences.

He just sighed pulling me towards his chest as I buried my head in his chest.

"They keep coming back, Draco. I dont know what to do?"

"It will be alright. My Ava is strong right. Stop worrying too much. We have our flight today as well. So calm down love."

Immediately, I pulled back to just stare at his eyes. His eyes were completely different than his. While his was dark brown, he had stormy grey eyes. And yet I found warmth in both of them.

I moved my head a little to give him a little kiss on his nose.

"Yes Draco. Your Ava is strong. I hope she remains this strong. Always."

Adam's pov

I was sitting silently at my plane seat with my assistant Julia sleeping on the seat beside mine. I had nothing to do beside stare outside the window.

From the window of the plane the wing engine is semi illuminated, the lower half shining around the rim, the upper half several shades darker. As the plane dips the line between shadow and light moves, and all the while I listen to the hum of the rotors.

Slowly I glanced away to look towards the food I recieved.

I had not yet touched the airplane food provided to me. The meal stared at me and I stared back at it. I glanced over the description of the airplane meal in the menu, the saliva inducing words that bore no resemblance to the sad specimen before me.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I wished to go back to the life I had before all this. But I knew I didn't deserve any extra comfort which money could provide me. All I had now was just for my father's name and nothing else. It was just about upholding my father's name and providing for a life for all my employees.

Looking away from my food, I bought my wallet out which had the smiling picture of Sabrina in it. Looking at that picture, I smiled a little too. She was just so beautiful. So perfect. And just too good for a man like me.

I sighed and finally closed my eyes as I drifted onto a deep slumber comprised with dreams only about her.

-----

After a long journey, we finally landed in LA. The boarding and stuff took alot of my time. But I calmly waited through all of that.

Finally as I was about to leave with my luggage, a woman ran past me behind a little girl, accidentally hitting me on my shoulder.

And it was at this moment, that sparks flew within me and I felt a sense of familiarity surround me. That little touch made me feel something. It was as if someone of my own touched me.

Immediately I turned back to look at her.

Her back was facing me, as she was on her bending slightly, and what I could percieve from my position, shouting at the little girl, no more than 4 year old infront of her.

The little girl's eyes looked sad as she continued to shout at him.

And for some reason, I couldn't hold back myself. It was probably because I just wanted to talk to this familiar stranger but I didn't care

I moved towards their direction and standing behind the woman, I vocalised,

"Excuse me ma'am. The girl already looks scared enough. I am sure she is sorry for whatever she did."

Immediately she straightened and was about to turn when suddenly I was pulled away by Julia.

"What Julia," I muttered angrily.

"Ummm...I'm sorry sir. But you were gone and I was scared and I didn't know what to do and I thought I was lost and..."

My anger dissolved as it turned to amusement seeing her state. I should've fired her long ago. She wasn't efficient in her work but she definitely was a source of entertainment.

"Calm down Julia. Breathe"

Immediately she closed her never ending trap and let out a long breath after which she muttered ,

"I'm sorry sir"

I didn't respond but just turned back to see the woman present here.

But she was already gone. There was no sign for her. And with that came back the feeling of loss again. For some reason she felt so familiar as if my Sabrina was here.

But Alas! It wasn't possible.

I sighed and turned back and went ahead on my way out of the airport

Hope you all love it. Do show your support through votes and comments. And please share my story with your friends🙂❤