28

Sabrina's pov

As soon as the door opened, I came face to face with the man whose life was about to change by one revelation from my side. Adam.

His brows furrowed as he kept looking at me with his scrutinizing stare. It was as if he was reading me with his eyes. And instantly, my eyes shook as they tried to shield themselves from his gaze, not wanting to give the truth away. Even though I was about to disclose it myself.

His one hand moved up to my cheek, and I immediately flinched, not because I was scared, but because I didn't expect it

He immediately withdrew his hand and looked intently towards me for a while after which he spoke, "Why are you crying?"

Involuntarily, my hands moved to my face, the back of it rubbing on my cheeks. I hadn't realised that I had forgotten to wipe out the remnants of my tears.

"Is it because of..." he paused for a while, " what exactly happened between you and your mom?"

"I...she...she blames me for something which isn't my fault," I slowly spoke

"And what exactly is that something?" He asked authoritatively.

I was short of words as he asked that. I myself wanted to say Adam the whole truth before our wedding. But seeing the situation I am in now, I really didn't want to go through the whole ordeal of explaining to him. After everything, I couldn't even fathom if he would believe me.

"Can..can we not talk about that. I have to tell you something."

He looked like he wanted to protest at my deviation of subject, but he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he encouraged me to say what I wanted to,

"Okay. Say it."

"I..I..I am...we are..I," I kept stuttering like a fool as I couldn't spit those three words out. My heart was hammering against my chest and a shiver ran down my spine as I kept trying to say him what I wanted to.

Adam looked more and more irritated with every passing second. And I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want him to be angry when I revealed the biggest truth of our lives.

But what could I do? No matter how hard I tried, those words seemed to be stuck in my throat. So rather than saying him, I showed him instead.

I gently took his hand in mine, as I forwarded it to place it lightly on my belly. Adam looked confused by my actions. His questioning glance made me gulp.

"What are you doing?" he enquired.

I had to say it now. I couldn't delay it any further,

"I'm ...I'm pregnant Adam."

And as I spoke,that is when all hell broke lose

Adam's pov

At first I didn't quite comprehend the meaning behind her words. Surely this was a joke, a terrible joke to shock me. Of course it has to be. How could she be pregnant? This wasn't possible.

Immediately, flashes of the drunken passionate night spent between us passed before my eyes.

And that is when I realised, this was the truth. But I wasn't ready to accept it.

"No. No no no. This can't be," I kept muttering frantically, as I withdrew my hand from her stomach and walked behind a few steps, trying to take the reality in.

Sabrina tried to reach out to me, trying to calm me, but nothing could calm me after this revelation.

And I didn't. I didn't calm down.