39

I wanted the chapter to be better. But it got accidentally deleted. And writing it again was annoying-.-

Adam's pov

My whole being was filled with anger. I was furious. At Sharon

But more than that, I was furious at myself.

I hurt the only girl I've ever loved. I hurt the girl who was not only my love but also my bestfriend. I ruined her. And along with her, I ruined myself. My daughter . My only chance at getting a happy family.

Everything was adding up now. Sharon always looked so similar to Sabrina. At first glance it was always difficult to distinguish between them. And dad had a weak eye sight. Without his glasses, he must've mistaken her for Sabrina at first. Sharon always kept mimicking other's voices in front of me. Just like the way she mimicked Bree's voice.

But the only thing I did not understand was, why? What did dad ever do to her? Why did she take him away from him? And who was her sister?

I was so frustrated and hurt that I did not know what to do. I had to leave. My mind was going crazy. My mind was going in a frenzy. I had to hurt someone. That someone being myself because of everything I had done. But all my thoughts stopped when a nurse came to my direction.

"Sir," she spoke," Ma'am has woken up."

Bree. My Bree. She is awake. What am I supposed to tell her? Am I supposed to apologise? Cause what I had done was unforgivable. No matter how many times I asked for forgiveness.

But no matter what, I had to see her.

I slowly walked up to her room. And when I entered, my heart completely broke seeing her state.

All the nurses and doctor left giving us our much needed privacy.

She was lying in the bed with one of her hand laid upon her stomach. She kept staring infront of her with eyes which showed no emotions except pain. Pain that I gave her.

Walking up to her, I kneeled besides the bed she wad laying in. I didn't know what to do. So I gently took her hand in mine and buried my face in it, crying my eyes out. Pouring each and every bit of my emotion.

But her response to my behaviour was...nothing.

She didn't move. Not once.

"Bree," I called out,"I..I don't know how to console you at this moment. I am as broken as you are sweetheart."

She yet didn't respond.

Gulping, trying to hold back my tears, I spoke again,"I...I know I am the one responsible for your pain. I..I did a mistake. Not a mistake. But a sin. I..I'm sorry. "

And that is when something sparked within her.

"Sorry," she whispered lightly, as it testing a complete foreign word in her tongue.

"Yes Bree. I know you can't forgive me. I was so blinded my revenge that I didn't care what was important. But I know everything now. I...I know that...you...you did not kill dad. I was a fool to think you would ever do that"

"I'm sorry," she whispered again. Maybe she wanted me to apologise more. I did not know.

"Yes Bree. I am so sorry. It is all because of me. Because of me that our daughter isn't within us. Our Hope is gone."

"Hope," she spoke," I'm sorry Hope"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. "Bree..." I was about to say

"I'm so sorry. So sorry baby. Momma is so sorry."

"Bree," I called out again. But this time she started screaming as she jumped away from her hospital bed.