29

Dedicated to each and everyone of my lovely readers❤❤

**** flashback
6 months later

Sabrina's pov

I kept looking fixedly at my own reflection at the mirror.

I was a whale.

At this point, I couldn't even say whether it was a metaphor.

My huge protuding belly, along with my swollen hands and feet, made me seem way larger than I was just a few months ago. My face which never had an ounce of extra fat, was now showing off my slight double chin which annoyed me to the core sometimes. But I really couldn't complain, could I?

Afterall , I was going to get my little ball of sunshine. And just the thought of this baby, made everything seem better.

I lovingly kept a hand over my swollen belly and gently smiled. And my little baby whom I have grown to love more and more everyday kicked me softly, indicating that she felt my presence.

Six months ago, I found out that I was two months pregnant. And in these six months, my life completely altered.

I still remembered the day I had found out about my pregnancy, and the rollercoaster of emotions I went through. I still remember how Adam had reacted to me being pregnant.

*****

As Adam kissed me, my hormones went in a frenzy. But still, I didn't respond. I was confused. Just moments ago he was angry with me. He was dragging me with no mercy, trying to take my baby from me.

But now, he is kissing me!

As his lips finally left mine, he joined our foreheads together, both his hands cupping my cheeks. He didn't say anything for a while. There was complete silence between us. But this silence was peaceful. I was somehow not scared anymore. The way he adjoined our foreheads calmly made me feel so many things. And because of that I somehow knew, he won't hurt my baby. Indeed that silence between us was golden.

"I'm sorry," he spoke lightly,"Thank you. Thank you so much for this gift"

*******
Indeed this baby was a gift. A wonderful blessing for me.

I was right when I percieved that Adam won't hurt this child. Although he was shocked at first and wanted nothing more than to terminate my pregnancy, he soon felt the same feeling which I did. Love. Love for our unborn child. Love for this tiny soul which was part mine and part his. Pure, unadulterated love.

My pregnancy hadn't been a smooth one. Maybe all pregnancies were like that. Afterall, I didn't know much about being pregnant. But for me it felt so tiring and hectic. It was just a whirlwind of experiences.

Morning sickness being the most terrible of that. I was previously under the impression that morning sickness can only happen in morning. Afterall, that's what the name suggests. But in my case, it happened any time of day.

Then came the fatigue. The constant feeling of tiredness. And following that was the the uncomfortable experience of my swollen hands, feet and breasts.

Oh well, how could I leave out the moodiness and all my cravings.

But the one thing that shocked me throughout my journey, was Adam being beside me for every step of it. I knew Adam was happy for my pregnancy. But never in a million years would I expect him to help me with every little need. I expected him to he indifferent of me. But somehow he wasn't.

He was there to hold my hair back, when I puked my guts out. He was there to bring me all the late night snacks which my stomach craved for. He was there for each and every one of my mood swings.