31

Adam's pov

I was now standing once more infront of the place where I was around six months ago. And both of the times, I was here for one person, Sabrina.

I didn't know why I was doing this. Did it really matter to me what happened between Sabrina and her mother. Did it really matter if Sabrina was depressed because of everything in her life. I mean, she was no one to me. Then why am I here? I didn't know. And at this moment, I didn't have the time to wonder about it.

I walked up to the door, ringing the bell, hoping that the door opens soon and I could get this meeting done with, solving the issue between Mrs.May and Sabrina as soon as possible.

The door opened, and there stood infront of me, a woman in her late forties, with brunette hair and slight wrinkles around her eyes, Mrs.May

As soon as she saw me, her face contorted into an angry expression. She was about to slam the door on my face, when I quickly jammed my leg between the door, preventing it from closing

"Mrs.May . I know you don't want to see me here. But please, I have to talk," I spoke as politely as possible.

She didn't seem to budge for a while, but after my constant protests, she let the door go.

"What do you want to talk about Adam," she gritted.

"Can we please talk inside?"

I could easily tell through her expressions that she did not like my suggestion. But nonetheless, she moved away from the door, giving me the space to move inside the house.

I slowly walked in, and as soon as I did, she marched to the living room and I silently followed behind.

After reaching there, she turned her body to face mine, crossing her arms against her chest, and giving me a hardened look.

"You wanted to talk? So talk."

"Sabrina's pregnant."

Her angry demeanour seemed to shift for a while, as something passed beneath the surface of her hardened expression. But it lasted only for a second.

"I guessed that the last time she was here," she spoke," and I don't know why should that concern me in anyway."

Rage filled my blood as soon as she said that, and my ears started burning with anger. Why should it concern her? Maybe because Sabrina was her fucking daughter.

I didn't want a heated argument to start between us. But I couldn't help the raising of my voice,

"She is your daughter. I think that is more than enough for her pregnancy to concern you. "

She was about to reply when I swiftly continued,

"Look Mrs.May. I don't exactly know what happened between you and her. But Bree needs you. Specially in her this condition. She needs a mother to guide her through this phase."

She snickered at my words and started howling with laughter, as if the most funniest joke was said to her.

"Your wife didn't tell you anything did she."

My brows furrowed at her words.

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't need me. And even if she did, she knows for a fact that I will never be by her side. After everything she had done to me, to my family, she should know that better than anyone else."

My confusion grew with every passing second. What did she fucking mean by all this?

I was about to question her once more, when she herself revealed the truth to me, the truth which I had never expected.