2

Adam's pov

Two years ago I left my home.

These two years have been the most difficult time of my life. Carrying on my father's legacy along with searching for his killer hasn't been a pleasant ride.

My father was one of the biggest businessman in America . But he always lived a simple life. He never liked to flaunt his money in front of anyone. You could hardly tell about his money from his lifestyle.

And because he didn't want anyone to know, I never told Sabrina about us being so rich. I told her everything about my life besides this. It is not like I wanted to hide it from her. It was just not my place to say. If dad wanted her to know. He would have let her know. Afterall, she was like a daughter to him.

Sabrina. That name evoked so many different emotions with in me. Many of which the Adam two years ago never had. This was the name that I grew to love. I loved how it sounded on my lips. I loved it whenever it rolled from her lips when she introduced herself to anyone. And now this is the name which I hate from the core of my heart. Even hearing this name would fuel my anger and fill me with rage.

She meant so much to me once upon a time. She was my entire life. She was my home. She was the only person whom I could trust blindly. She was the owner of my heart. But now she is nothing.

For two years I never once saw her face. It was difficult, very difficult. Leaving behind a part of your soul. But I was determined. I knew meeting her would weaken me. I would have wanted to leave everything behind and be with the one woman I loved.

But now that I know the truth, I regret ever being in love with her. I regret ever knowing her. I regret each and every moment I spent with her. I regret meeting her sixteen years ago. I regret that once she used to be a part of my life. Once she used to be everything I wanted in a person.

--------

I was driving back to the place which I once called home. Throughout the journey lots of different emotions were surging through me.

Love. Hate. Anger

But the most prominent being fear.

I was scared to meet her. All these time I had convinced myself that I hate her. I had convinced myself that I have nothing to do with her. She ruined my life. She ruined me. But what if? What if she binds me in her spell again? What if I become like the weak old Adam? What if she manipulates me into trusting her again?

NO!!!

I cant let that happen.

This time I will be the one to bind her and punish her. I will be the one to ruin her this time. I will manipulate her and when she gives herself to me, I will break her. Completely. Into so many tiny pieces so that she won't ever be fixed.

I would be her nightmare

-----

Finally after a long ride back home, I reached infront of the place where I knew Sabrina will be. My school.

In the past two years I kept tabs on her. At first, it was because I wanted to know whether she really was okay. But later, it became a means to know about her motives behind her actions. I knew what she studied. I knew what job she is doing now and I knew the minimal number of friends she has. I knew every single inch of her life.

Slowly, but steadily I opened the car door and walked out of the car. My steps were slow. No matter what, I couldn't walk faster. The constant nagging of fear reduced my pace. But nonetheless I moved ahead.

And there she stood, her back turned towards me. I didnt have to see her face to recognise that this was her. I just knew. This was her.

I knew her so well that even from a slight touch of a hand I could
recognise her. While sometimes I felt I didn't recognise her at all. Because I didn't. I only knew the fake exterior she presented in front of everyone. But I pushed those thoughts aside now.

Time to put the pretend mood on.

I walked behind her and stopped. I was afraid to touch her. To call her out.

But then slowly I engulfed her in my arms, burying my face in her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

At that moment, I felt a fluttering in my stomach and a heaviness in my chest. I knew what that feeling was.

No Adam. You can't let your feelings overtake you .

She visibly stiffened at that moment but she made no attempts to remove my arms from around her.

But then I heard a small faint whisper leaving her lips.

"Adam"

So Adam's pov everyone. Hope you all liked it. I know my chapters are short. But I am still adapting to all these. Writing in a phone. So pardon me.

Do vote and comment😊😊❤