6

Sabrina's pov (forgive me if I make any mistakes in the marriage part. I never attended a Christian wedding nor am I a Christian myself)

The day had finally arrived. The day a girl waits for her entire life. The day when I'll no longer be a May anymore. The day of my marriage. The day I will finally become a Black.

I couldn't describe in words how I felt. I never felt this way before. It was a mixture of too many emotions at once. Happiness, excitement, worry and fear. The feeling was so different. Everything was so different. But hopefully a good different.

After me and Adam were officially engaged, we didn't want to wait long before our marriage. I had already waited 2 years for him. I did not want to wait any longer.

I had been his ever since he first kissed me. Ever since he asked me to be his girlfriend. But now it will finally be official. And because of this, every cell in my body wanted to fasten this procedure as much as I could.

And so I was here, two weeks later, getting dressed up for my big day. For my wedding.

My mom was ecstatic hearing the news of our marriage. She was so happy that finally she will get rid of me. I was sure that once I get married she would break all her ties with me. Not that I cared.

I first contemplated as to not invite her to my wedding. She has never been a mother to me anyway. Except for the first few years of my life. But since I never shared that part of my life including my family to Adam, I had to invite them. He knew my parents weren't close to me. But nothing more. It's not like I didn't want to tell Adam. It's just, I never felt my parents were someone significant enough to be discussed. But I will inform everything to Adam once we are married. I did not want our marriage to be based upon lies.

I am sure though, that she won't bother to come to the wedding.
Its not like it would matter much. As I said, she really wasn't a mom to me. The only thing she had done for me is to give birth to me.

Even though my dad practically ignored the news, he still consented to walk me down the aisle. It was only because Jay talked him into it. If not him, I didn't know who would. Before I would always imagine Mr.Black as the person who would walk me down the aisle. But since he was no more, my "real" dad was the only option.

I wish Mr.Black was here. He would be the happiest today.

Adam had everything planned out for us. He showed me a huge mansion which was supposed to be our future home. It was kinda isolated from the rest of the houses, but I didn't mind. As long as he was with me, everything would be okay.

I questioned Adam as to how he had so much money for this elegant villa. It was fit to be a house of a celebrity. And then he told me about his business which he started within these 2 years and how it prospered quickly. I was happy for him but somewhere deep inside I felt as if it wasn't the complete truth.

-------

Now walking down the aisle, I could see Adam looking at me. The only thing I could do was stare. Stare at this devilishly handsome man who was going to be mine from this day forth.

I remembered few moments back, when I was staring at myself at the mirror, I couldn't help but tear up a bit. I looked radiant. And it was because of his love. At that moment I was confused whether I should smile or cry.

Walking down the aisle, I felt the same emotions just like those . I was just too overwhelmed.

Adam stared at me too, but his eyes showed some feelings foreign to mine, something which I couldn't decipher. He had no expression on his face, not even a smile. Maybe he wanted Mr.Black to be there with him on his big day. He was his only family. And I knew how Mr.Black always talked about us getting married in future. Thinking about him made me tear up too which is why I understood his feelings.

As I finally reached him, he held out his hand for me, and I held onto him, promising myself I will never let him go.

"Dearly beloved", the priest started,"
We are now here to witness the adjoining of Sabrina Alaistar May and Adam Damien Black. If anyone has any problem regarding this union, please speak now or forever remain silent"

As no one said a single word, he continued.

"Sabrina Alaistar May. Do you take Adam Damien Black to be your lawfully wedded. To hold you and be beside you in sickness and in health till death do you apart?"

A small smile grazed my face as I said , "I do"

"Adam Damien Black. Do you take Sabrina Alaistar May to be your lawfully wedded. To hold you and be beside you in sickness and in health till death do you apart?"

Adam didn't reply for a while and my heart rate increased. Is he not sure about this marriage. What if he says no?

I gently whispered his name and he just gulped as his jaw tightened.

But my worries were removed the moment he uttered those words, "I do".

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. Gentleman, you may kiss the bride"

Adam then gently removed my veil and engulfed me in a kiss.

From today I am Sabrina Black. My new life begins. From this day forth I will be Adam's wife, and I intend to keep it that way. Forever.

Vote and comment ☺☺❤❤

*From next chapter onwards the dark side of the book will start. So go ahead only if you feel comfortable