68

Adam's pov

Bree stared at me with her eyes filled with an emotion I couldn't decipher. Her wanting to talk to me had shocked me, and although I shouldn't expect anything good from this talk, I still was hopeful. Hopeful that maybe, just maybe she would find it in her heart to forgive me.

"I know you are angry," she spoke

The remnants of my anger lingered throughout my body, although being alone with her made me forget most of it. I wasn't angry at her. I was just angry because I couldn't get a chance to punish Sharon, when on the other hand, nothing stood on my way while I hurt Sabrina. My Sabrina

"Why did you call the cops?" I questioned

"I had to"

I wanted to question her more, but I didn't. She sensed my emotions as she continued talking,

"Adam. I had to call the cops. I couldn't let you hurt her. You...you lost a part of yourself every time you inflicted pain upon me. I know that. And so this time, I didn't want you to partake in revenge yourself. Just let the law do the work"

"I just...I hurt you so much when it was all her fault. She deserved the pain, not you"

"She deserves to be punished. But you don't have to do that by yourself. And as for what you did to me, it...it wasn't her fault. You had so other options. You could send me to jail but what you...what you did, it is all on you"

I sighed. She was right. I was so blinded by revenge that I forgot the difference between right and wrong

"I know it won't make any difference, but I'm sorry. I'm sorry for every pain I gave you. Can you...can you ever find it in your heart to forgive me?"

She just looked at me and gave a humourless laugh at my statement . And then she asked one question which completely alarmed me

"Can you forgive Sharon?"

Never. I could never forgive someone who killed my dad in cold blood

"No"

"She had reasons too. She had gone through alot. And the only outlet for her pain was through....was through what she did. Can you forgive her Adam? Can you?"

"No matter what her reasons are, I can't ever forgive her"

It was truth. I might pity her. But I could never forgive her. But what Sabrina responded to it made me question my own thoughts

"Then how do you expect me to forgive you"

Once again, she was right. What Sharon did was a result of the pain she had been through. And what I did to Sabrina was for the same reason.

"You...you can't forgive her. Despite her having a tragic backstory. Then how can you expect me to forgive you, even if what you did was because of what you went through. Your loss"

I just looked away from her as she said that. I was ashamed of myself

"Adam. Can I ask you something else too?"

I just nodded, still afraid to look at her

"In another world, suppose...suppose our Hope is alive. And she is with us"

I took a deep breathe when she said that. Even imagining about a world where Hope was there filled me with pain, because in my world, she was lost. Forever

I could picture myself with her. I could picture a perfect family comprising of Sabrina me and Hope.

"And suppose we are a happy family. She grows up with us. And we grow old together. We see her grow up and get married. "