45

Adam's pov

Throughout the entire meeting, I felt Draco's sharp gaze pointed towards me. I knew very well he didn't expect to see me here. Our businesses shifted so apart after his sudden disappearance, that I myself could have never imagined to see him here.

But yet here we are.

My mind suddenly shifted to the last time we met. The night of the party. The night when Hope was conceived.

I remembered how my Sabrina looked that way. She looked so ethereal. She was always beautiful. But that night, her elegance was on a different level.

And this man sitting right infront of me saw that too. Her magnificence. And that thought alone made me angry for some reason.

But what was the point. She was gone now. And she couldn't be anyones. Not mine. Nor his

Soon the meeting ended, and everyone was about to leave when I quickly made my way towards Mr.Martinez.

"We didn't really have a proper conversation now, did we?" I spoke, plastering a false smile onto my face.

"Adam. It's been a long time huh. How is your business going. Now that your biggest rival was gone for a long time," he replied sternly

"It's going good," I said, " what about yours? Your sudden disappearance was shocking don't you think?"

"Yeah well. I needed something new from life. Something different."

"And did you get that?"

As soon as I said that, his gaze hardened. It was almost as if I was hitting a nerve. He looked angry for a split second.

"Yes. Yes I did."

"Well congrats. I hope you don't get bored of your, you know, new life and plan to start afresh again. Although if you do want to come back, I welcome my enemies wholeheartedly. "

Draco looked at me for a while after which he placed his hands inside his pocket.

"There will be no need to Adam. My new life is treating me more than good. I have a family now. I have a girlfriend and my daughter and we are living very happily"

As soon as he mentioned family, my mood turned sour. He was a lucky man indeed if he had one. I lost mine due to my own selfishness.

"You are a lucky man. To have a family. Well it was good to see you. I think I better leave now."

Saying that, I turned and was about to go away when Draco called me;

"Adam. How's Sabrina?"

Immediately, I stopped at my track at the mention of her name

Slowly, I turned back

"Sorry what," I said as my throat started constricting and I felt a pain at my chest

"How's Sabrina. Your wife"

I didn't say a single word. My jaw tightened and I wrapped my fingers around each other in a fist. For some reason, I couldn't make myself to say a single word.

"Well...is she not your wife anymore? Are you divorced?"

He took my silence as a yes as he continued,

"Too bad. She was a lovely woman. She gave me a wonderful company that time. Too bad you let her go. What ..."

Before he could continue any further I suddenly uttered those words,

"She is dead."

He seemed to be taken aback by my words as his speech immediately halted. I didn't wait for him to say anything as I immediately left that place, not turning back again.

----

Ava's pov

After exploring outside with Lia, we made our way back to our hotel room.

As we entered, Lia ran away to go play with her toys as I sat on the sofa and drank a glass of water.

It was at this moment, when I saw the door knob turn and in walked Draco. He looked panicked. As if something happened.

As soon as he entered, he marched himself to our bedroom. He brought out the luggage and started stashing all our clothes in it. We didn't really take anything out of it, but the little things we did, Draco placed them all back in the luggage.

Immediately I marched forward towards him and held both his hands in mine

"What's wrong Draco?" I questioned

As soon as I said that, he engulfed me in a hug.

"You won't leave me right, ever?"

"Why are you ask..."

"Just say it. You won't leave me right?"

"I...I..I won't"

Just as I said that, he pulled back and looked into my eyes.

"Ava. You want this right?"

I was trying, wasn't I? Somewhere I was doubtful myself. I knew Draco meant a lot to me but was it love? How could I love someone when I didn't even know myself.

"I..I do Draco"

Immediately he breathed a sigh of relief as he adjoined my lips with his. It was a kiss of need, of wanting. As if he was scared of letting me go. And I melted in his kiss

I knew he was stressed at this moment. And if I could take away some of this stress, I would

As the kiss grew heated, he pushed me back against the wall as he reclaimed my lips.

Suddenly a scene flashed infront of my eyes.

I was lying somewhere, as that same man from my dreams, the man with the stormy grey eyes, was kissing me over and over again. But his kiss wasn't of love or need. It was of punishment. He was angry with me. And that scared me.

Immediately, I pushed Draco away as that happened.

He looked taken aback for a moment after which he tried to collect himself

"Ava I'm sorry if it was too much. I don't know what I was thinking."

"No Draco it's not that. It's just that, you were stressed and"

"I'm fine. I was just worried that I would lose you"

"You won't Draco, I'm right here."

Saying that, I moved my hands to hold onto his jaw. This time, I initiated the kiss.

He was hesitant at first to kiss me back after my initial reaction. But soon he responded to it.

Wrapping my arms around him, he held me up as he carried me to the bed, not once breaking the kiss.

He laid me down and kept kissing me. Soon our clothes were removed as we lay bare in each other's presence.

He ravished me as I was left satisfied with extreme pleasure.

When we were done, I lay my head on his chest as I smiled.

But at some corner of my mind, the vision I had kept playing on and on. Who was that person and why was he angry at me?

Didn't write a detailed scene as I was uncertain you guys would want something like that between her and Draco

I recently started watching peaky blinders. And can I just say, the show is amazing.

Vote and comment ❤