49

Adam's pov

As I walked in with Julia, I initially did not have my mask on. I knew I was going to be greeted by numerous amount of people. So I thought it was ideal to go this way.

As I was busy greeting people, my gaze suddenly fell on a masked woman who was looking directly at me with her unfaltering gaze. She was quite far away from me, but as I stared at her, I felt as if I knew her.

My gaze shifted a little and that is when I realised who she was with. Martinez. Draco Martinez

So she must be his girlfriend he was talking about.

I excused myself from everyone, as I proceeded to go towards them.

As I reached where they were standing, Draco looked at me with an expression filled with...perhaps shock. But it only lasted for a second.

"Mr.Black . Nice to see you here. Alone?"

"You could say that. What about you? Who is this beautiful woman by your side."

As I mentioned about her, immediately he went quite for a while. He looked scared and worried. As if he did not want her to meet me.

The girl on the other hand kept staring at me with her beautiful eyes which made me drawn towards her even more.

"This is my girlfriend, Ava. Love, this is Mr.Black . He is our business partner in this deal with Mr.Johnson"

As he was done introducing us, I immediately forwarded my hand for her to shake.

"Hello Ms.Ava . Lovely to meet you."

She was hesitant at first, but yet she forwarded her hand to meet mine. As soon as I touched hair, it was as if a spark went right up my vein. I knew she felt it too as she backed her hand away immediately.

We did nothing after that as we kept staring at each other for a while. And suddenly, before I could say anything else, Draco intervened.

"Love. Let's go meet my other business associates now. Come along. It was good to see you Adam"

I just nodded my head as I watched her leave.

What the hell was that? Why did I feel as if she was someone I knew from ages ago. Why did she make me feel like as if I was with...my Sabrina?

-----

Ava's pov

The feeling I got from the mere touch of that unknown man scared me alot. What was this strange feeling?

The other day he called me by "Bree" as if that was my name. As if that is what he has been calling me my entire life. And today, just a small touch of his fingers made my whole body shiver. It was as if I knew him, very well. And with each passing second, I was becoming more certain.

Maybe, just maybe he knew me from before. Maybe he could answer me about who I was and how my life was before all this.

I knew very well, that as long as my past was a mystery I couldn't fully accept the life I have now. I wish Draco understood the storm inside of me, and I wish, in some part of my heart, that he could just stop hoping and move on. I don't want him to suffer for love. He deserved better than that.

I was convinced now, that somehow, I needed to talk to this Adam. I didn't want Draco to be suspicious. What should I do?

Immediately, an idea popped into my mind

"Draco, I will be right back. I'll go to the washroom."

"Okay sure love. Dont talk to the men here alright. I mean if you want to, you can. But they can be....what should I say. Weird. Specially you saw that Adam dude. Stay away from him."