19

Adam's pov

Today is one of the most important day for me. I knew I will be awarded the businessman of the year and I couldn't wait for it to happen.

I felt proud over the fact that I was finally able to do justice to dad's hardwork. I was able to carry on his legacy. If only I could do justice to him as well and punish his killer.

I got dressed in a shining black tuxedo as fast as I could . I was now descending from the stairs trying to fix my cuffs at the same time. My attention was fixated towards my cuff links, that I didn't realise when I reached the ground and when I was standing infront of the woman who once captured my heart.

My heart missed a beat when I looked at the ethereal beauty infront of me. The mermaid dress on her body made her figure look so stunning. The grey colour of the gown perfectly complimenting her colour. She looked charming, sexy, and full of nobility

And at that moment, only one word left my mouth,

"Gorgeous"

Her eyes gave me a shocked look, as she was stunned to hear a compliment from my mouth. But I just couldn't help myself. She really did look like the most beautiful woman in the world.

A sudden possessiveness filled my chest at that moment.

I didn't want to take her to the business party anymore. I didn't want other men to ogle her beauty. I just wanted to keep her here, all for myself.

But at the same moment, my thoughts travelled towards her filthy deeds and I realised, that this exterior beauty couldn't hide the darkness of her soul. That she is an evil woman.

Immediately, my jaw clenched at that thought and I held onto her wrist and dragged her along with me.

Soon after, we were in our ride. The journey was short . But the tension between us was palpable. None of us spoke a single word.

As soon as we reached there, I opened the door for her and held her hand for her to walk out. I then placed a hand on her waist and gently stared at her. Placing my other hand on her cheek, I gave her a slight peck for the world to see. My insides burned as soon as my lips touched hers. Even though I shouldn't, I missed this feeling.

Her cheeks reddened at the same moment, but she didn't day a single word. She just smiled and looked down.

We then walked inside and I could feel the gazes of every men present on my wife. This was going to a long night.

Sabrina's pov

I was startled as soon as Adam kissed me. But then I realised, it was all a pretence infront of the world. And so I just responded with the fakest smile I could.

The whole event was probably the most boring place I have ever been to. Adam did not leave my side for even a moment and he forbade me to talk to anyone present here without him beside me.

Nonetheless, that wasn't even possible as he was glued to my side. I could see so many couples here. Everyone looked so perfect together. Just like me and Adam together.

But the only difference is, our happy life together is fake, a pretence infront of the world.

Suddenly my thoughts broke, as Adam was called upon the stage for the businessman of the year award.

And that moment, he finally left my side to move onto the stage. I took the opportunity to wander around and see everyone present. I dont know why, but I was suddenly drawn towards the open bar at the other corner of the hall.

I walked up to the counter and ordered the lightest drink on the menu.

At that moment, someone sat beside me. His head was covered by his platinum blonde hair, and his eyes were bluish grey.

For some reason I kept staring at him, but when he looked up, I immediately shifted my gaze.

"Take a picture," he spoke with a smirk.

"Huh?" I was startled.

"Take a picture of me. It will last longer. And then you wouldn't have to stare."

Immediately my cheeks reddened with shame.

I stuttered, " I..I wasn't "

"Whatever you say", he spoke with a playful smile marring his face.

"Sooo, who are you here with. Anyone's date?" He questioned

"I am here with my husband "

"What? You look too young to be married."

"I married early."

"Hmm. So pray tell. Who is this husband of yours?"

"Adam Black"

"You are the Adam Black's wife? Wow"

"What is that supposed to mean."

"Oh nothing. I was just wondering how a rude guy like him scored a beautiful woman like you"

My cheeks heated up at his words.

"He..he isn't rude."

"Maybe not to you. But trust me, in the two years I have known him, he wasn't really nice to me. And I can tell, he isnt nice to you either."

I was startled by his words. What did he mean by that?

"Excuse me?!"

"I mean look at you. Why are you here all alone. If I was at his place, I wouldn't ever let you leave my sight. "

"Well, that's incredibly sexist and you aren't at his place," I replied rudely," and as a matter of fact, I left his side when he went to take the award. Not him."

"Well, he isnt coming here for you after taking the award, is he? Look at that, there is your husband. "

And I looked up towards the direction he pointed at. Indeed, there was Adam. But he wasn't alone. He was standing there with a beautiful woman, talking with her. He was smiling broadly, the smile I didn't see for the past 6 months and for some reason my heart gave a giant lurch at the sight. He looked happy. And he didn't look happy for a long time with me

Immediately something came over me and I started gulping down drink after drink with the unknown stranger beside me.

"Ooohh. Too much drinking isn't really good for your health you know, Mrs Black"

"Sabrina"

"Huh?"

"My name is Sabrina "

"Well Sabrina, there is a song starting. Would you mind dancing with your very new friend Draco."

Indeed, there was a song starting. I looked towards Adam's direction only to find him still with that woman.

"You know what Draco. I would love to dance with you"

With that said, I held on to his hand and walked onto the dance floor

Vote vote vote
Comment comment comment
And definitely share❤❤❤