30

Sabrina^^

Adam's pov

These six months of my life have been nothing short of an adventure.

Not once did I expect my life to take such a turn, but here I am, married to the woman who not only ruined my life, but incidentally, gave me the most biggest gift of my life. My daughter.

At first I wasn't sure of how to behave with Sabrina. Wasn't there a specific way to behave with pregnant ladies? I didn't know.

I did not once want to be nice to her. I knew that the only affection I felt towards her was because of my child. I didn't want to give her any more false hopes of something good happening between us. Afterall, I was anyway going to break her in such a way that she won't ever be mended. Why hurt her more with these little charades.

But after I came to know about the complications regarding her pregnancy, I knew that I had to yet again put up a facade of love and care infront of her. I couldn't stress her and risk the life of my daughter.

And so that's what I did. I showered her with care and love. I took notice of her every little needs. Until I didn't realise when I actually started caring for her ,when the line between love and hate was blurring. But yet they did not completely disappear.

Sabrina's pov

I was currently walking from one to another aisle, tossing baby clothes one after the other into the trolley. I didn't care that I had already bought tonnes of clothes. If one looks cute, I am gonna take it for my baby girl.

Adam was walking behind me with a smile on his face, answering me each and every time I asked him whether a dress was cute enough or not. At one point, I expected him to get annoyed and lash out. But he didn't. His looks depicted that he found the situation rather amusing than annoying. Not that I care. I am the one pregnant here. So it's going to my mood swings that everyone should be worrying about.

I was moving forward with my eyes still on the clothes rack that I did not notice a woman standing right infront of me when I clashed with her. Immediately, a sense of familiarity passed through me. I came across a woman with very similar features to mine. A woman whose face I remembered clearly.

It was the same woman that Adam was talking to during the award ceremony.

Now, I usually forget most of the people I meet only once in life. But for some apparent reason, her face just stuck on my memory. Probably because she annoyed me to the core, even without talking to me.

Her face morphed into an annoyed one as she was about to open her mouth to lash out on me. But her eyes travelled behind me, and immediately her scowl turned to a smile as she slightly pushed me out of her way to go leap into Adam.

She hugged him as if her life was depending on him, and Adam, much to my dismay, returned the gesture.

I was fuming seeing the scene infront of me. That girl looked so happy to see Adam. As they both finally stopped hugging and moved away from each other, I immediately took the moment to go stand beside Adam.

"Omg Adam," she beamed, " I didn't expect to see you here. But I am sooo happy to meet you "

Adam laughed and was about to respond when I held onto his palm, digging my nails in them. I didn't know why I was getting so annoyed. Whatever we both have between us is because of our baby. But for some reason, I wanted to show her that he is only mine.

Adam seemed to get my signal as he smiled and introduced me to her.

"Sharon. Meet Sabrina, my wife. Sabrina. Meet Sharon, an old friend of mine."