37

Sabrina's pov

I kept staring out of the tiny barred window in my room. There was no one outside. As usual.

But today, there was an unnatural stillness in the air. No air moved the grass or leaves. No clouds drifted in the sea of the blue above. Not a single sound could be heard except my own breath which seemed to die as soon as it left my mouth.

And although everyday was silent for me, this silence scared me for some reason. My throat was constricting as my heart started beating rapidly in my chest.

I was scared. And I didn't even know why.

It was at this moment that something unexpected happened. The door to my room opened. It finally opened when I was still conscious. But how? Was I dreaming?

A short woman with features that depicted she was very sad walked into the room. I should be rejoiced by seeing her. I finally got my escape. But somehow instead of being soothed, my senses heightened.

Something was wrong.

She slowly walked towards my direction as I tried to walk back further away from her, but was stopped by the wall and the window.

"Ma'am, sir has sent me to here. To take you to him," she softly spoke

"W..who are you? What kind of new game is he playing," I spoke as my heart rate increased.

"Ma'am," she spoke again, this time more gently, " Mr.Black wants you to meet little Ms.Black"

"H..hope"

"Yes ma'am."

I didn't know whether it was reality or my mind playing cruel games with me. Was I really going to meet my baby? My Hope?

I didn't know whether to trust her at that moment. But even if there was a one percent probability of me seeing Hope, I was ready to take that.

"M..my baby. Le..let's go. I want to see her."

With that, she directed me out of the room to take me to my daughter, my Hope.

-----

The car in which me along with that woman, whose name I learned was Amy, stopped infront of the very place where I gave birth to Hope

The hospital

I furrowed my brows in confusion. I didn't have the track of time. But I was sure it has been a good number of days for Hope to still stay here. She must've been discharged ages ago. Then why were we still here.

Maybe...maybe she has some checkup here. Newborns do have regular check ups dont they?

Slowly, with great difficulty, I walked out of the car. Due to my isolation for such a long time, the feeling of seeing so many humans at once felt so foreign and scary to me. But I neglected all of that. Because I was here. To meet my child.

Amy walked in a fast pace ahead of me as I tried to mimic her speed. We walked into the hospital and moved to another floor. I didn't know where exactly she was taking me but I blindly followed.

And soon we came face to face with my nightmare, Adam. As soon as we reached infront of him, Amy gave me a sad smile after which she left from there. But I was still rooted in my place staring at him.

Adam was looking down the entire down. Her shoulders dropped and his usual strong demeanor was not showing.

Even though I was scared, I slowly walked up to him.

"A..Adam," I spoke.

He looked upto me and what I saw shook me. His eyes were red and swollen as if he had cried streams of tears. His nose a dark red colour.