Chapter 41

Adam's pov

I was sitting on a bench in the park where I first met Sabrina. Lately, I found myself coming back to places which reminded me of her and made me feel as if she was there, with me.

I watched as the little kids played with each other and I couldn't help but imagine how my little Hope would look, playing along with them. She would have grown up to be a beautiful little girl, just like her mother was.

I would be sitting right here, watching her play, thanking my lucky stars for giving me her as the most beautiful gift.

But none of this was possible. I lost my gift.

The day she left me.

And the day Sabrina killed herself...

I always found myself going back in time to that certain day when I had lost my everything. When I lost myself

****

"I'm sorry Sir. We are trying our best to search her body. But all the sources say that they have seen her jump."

"No..no it can't be possible. She possibly couldn't do this. You are wrong. Stop lying...stop lying to me."

"I'm sorry. But this is the truth. She is gone."

*****

I closed my eye and felt a tear make its way down my cheek. Yes. She was gone. She was really gone to a place far beyond my reach. Leaving me to suffer in self hatred.

I didn't have a will to live anymore. But the only reason I was alive, was to hurt myself. I knew it wasn't possible to go through a fraction of the pain she went. But i was willing to try. Try to impose whatever physical and mental pain I could impose on myself.

And I had yet to punish Sharon for what she did to me and my family. I wasn't a fool anymore. This time I wouldn't make anymore mistakes. I know that I was a bigger culprit than her. I took not one but 2 lives. But she deserved this. She deserved thousand times more pain than my Sabrina went through.

And so she would suffer. Like I will

Because this is what she deserved. And this is what I deserved.

It was at this moment when my phone suddenly started ringing.

Opening my eyes, I wiped with my tears with the back of my hand as I held up the phone to my ear.

"Hello Sir," it was my assistant, Julia.

"Hello. What happened?"

"Sir. I have talked to the investors about the deal. They are ready to accept our conditions. But for that we have to urgently fly to LA sir."

"But why?"

"Their main business is in LA. For them to accept the deal, they want to hold a meeting in LA about it. Think about it sir. This deal will bring alot for you and your fathers name"

"If that is the case, then inform them that we accept the deal. Book the tickets and make all the necessary arrangements. Tomorrow we are both going to fly to LA."

Unknown pov

As I walked between the little garden in our backyard, watering the plants, I suddenly felt 2 arms wrap around my stomach.

Instantly, I jerked and pushed those hands away, placing a hand at my chest out of fear. And that is when I turned back only to realise...it was Draco.

That jerk. He knew I get scared whenever he suddenly did that. I didnt even know why.

"Dracooo. Stop scaring me like that."