59

Ava's pov

I had no clue how I would face Adam after last night. I was embarrassed. Really really embarrassed. I mean I freaking kissed him. But more than that, I was ashamed. I did end things with Draco. But it was wrong of me to seek comfort in Adam's arms. Even if he used to be my husband.

I promised I would go back to Draco. And that was true. But how would he feel if he realised I kissed Adam. Even if it was in a state of vulnerability.

But at the same time, my mind kept lingering on the fact that maybe Adam didnt want me anymore. Not after all these years.

"Hey," Adam called out as he stood in the doorway of my room

"Won't have breakfast?" He questioned

"Oh ya. Sure. I'll come right away."

"Is everything fine?"

"Umm...ya. Absolutely."

"Is it...is it about last night?"

"Oh. Nonono. Nothing of that sorts. I totally understand if you didnt want me and..."

"What?" He intervened

"I...I was saying it's fine if..."

"No. I heard you. But why would you think like that. Why would you think I don't want you?"

I didn't respond to that because of which he continued

"Bree. I love you. I just didn't want you to do something you would end up regretting "

"I wouldn't regret anything which happened with my choice"

Immediately Adam's jaw tightened as if he was in pain.

"Look. You don't know that. Your memories aren't back yet. You dont know everything about me. About us yet. "

"Then tell me. Tell me whatever is there left to say."

"There's just...so so much. I don't want to overwhelm you all at once. You were so upset last night..."

"I am not weak or fragile. I was upset last night yes. But who wouldn't be. But that doesn't mean I am not ready to know everything else about my life. It's already been weeks. I left my daughter to seek for answers. I need to go back to her. Every day she keeps asking me to come back."

"You need time"

"No I do not. I don't need time. I need answers. Why did you all think I was dead? How did Draco end up finding me? How did my life become such a mess? I need answers to all this Adam. And you promised you would give me that. "

"I will. I swear I will"

"When Adam. When. I am tired of waiting"

"You are not ready."

"You know what. I...I need some time alone. I'll go out for a while"

He looked as if he wanted to object to that. But he just murmured a small okay.

----

I spent the entire day roaming outside, exploring the place where I used to live once upon a time.

I knew whatever secrets were buried in my past where big and scary. Secrets which could hurt me alot. Otherwise Adam wouldn't have hid them for so long. But I was tired of waiting

I wish I could talk to someone about all this. But whom did I have. Draco wasn't ready to talk to me.

Maybe I should try. Once more atleast