56

Sharon's pov

Okay Sharon. You got this. You have to meet Lia right. Just ring the bell. There's nothing to be scared about.

These were the words through which I kept trying to encourage myself. But somehow , I was still very nervous.

With great difficulty, I finally rang the bell and that is when I heard that cute little voice. The voice of my daughter.

"Dada," she exclaimed," someone's at the doorrr"

And soon after she said that, the door opened and there stood in front of me Draco. And standing behind him was Lia. My daughter.

"Hi," I nervously spoke.

"Come in," he said in his usual stern voice.

I slowly walked in, fidgeting with my fingers, as Draco directed me to a sofa.

"Would you like something?" He politely asked

"Just water please."

He nodded as he walked away to bring me water. And now I was left alone with Lia.

Her unfaltering gaze towards me made me more conscious than I already was. I smiled towards her, but she just kept staring at me with no expressions on her face.

The last time I saw her, she was just two years old. I couldn't help but smile sadly, thinking of how much I've missed out of her life

Soon, Draco returned with a glass of water.

"Thank you," I said, after which he sat besides me. Lia immediately jumped to sit on the other side besides him and she hugged him from his side

"Dadaa," she whispered, or perhaps tried to. I could clearly hear what she said.

"Who is this lady Dada? I don't like her."

I gulped as she said that.

Draco picked her up and placed her on his lap as he said, " princess. She is my friend. Sharon. And she wants to be your friend too."

She didn't say anything. She slightly pouted as she looked at me

I took this as an opportunity to say something for myself

"Hey Lia. I heard so much about you from your dada. Like dada said, I am Sharon. And I really really want to be your friend"

"You are so big. Why do you want to be my friend? My momma said stanger danger"

I laughed a little at her cute voice. But to be honest, my heart broke a little when she mentioned someone else as her momma. Not that I could blame anyone for it except myself. I really really messed everything up. I was so busy ruining Sabrina's life that I didn't realise I ruined mine too in the process

"But I am not a stranger. I know your dada. And I want to be your friend becausee your dada is too boring. I need friends whom I can have fun with. Like you."

"Will you play with my dolls? And have tea parties with me"

"Ofcourse Lia. I love to play with those."

"Really??" She questioned, excitement evident within her eyes

"Really," I said smiling back.

"Dada," she turned her face to look at Draco," can I show her my toys and play with her?"

Draco smiled as he placed a kiss on her forehead

"Yes princess. What ever you want"

She immediately jumped from his lap as she took hold of my hand to take me with her.