15

Sabrina's pov

It was early morning when my eyes slowly opened and I found myself awake.

I was more comfortable than last morning. Yes. My body was still aching from his sick tortures, but somewhere I was way more at peace than yesterday.

I slowly lifted myself up stretching my hands and giving a big yawn. At that moment I realised that my hands and legs were free. They were not bound anymore.

I looked down to see a blanket covering my legs. So this was why I wasn't cold like my first night here and slept peacefully in warmth.

At once I was confused. There is no one at this house besides me and Adam. And Adam for some reason hated me from deep within.

So who was the one to put a blanket on me and opened that cuffs helding me captive.

Suddenly, my mind travelled back to last night. I faintly remembered someone coming to my room and freeing my limbs. I also remember that person putting a blanket on me.

The way the person was so familiar. It was as if... ADAM!!!

He was the one here last night.

But why did he do it? Why did he care about my comfort? Isn't he supposed to be hating me?

All these thoughts flew from my mind as soon as my eyes landed on the wall clock. Holy shit!!

It was 6 o'clock!!!

Adam may have left before continuing with his evil deeds yesterday. But who is to say he wont hurt me today.

Afterall I couldn't expect anything anymore. All his actions clearly depicted how little I know of him. How everything which I knew was a facade.

I immediately got up, going at once to the washroom. I took the quickest shower possible and dressed soon after.

Yesterday, the adrenaline rush may have supported me to fight against him . But today my mind was more clear and on the rational side.

I couldn't let my actions be the cause of the misery of my family, specially my brother. I couldn't be a fool anymore. Adam was extremely powerful and with one snap of his finger he could ruin Jay. And I would die before I let that happen.

And with this thoughts in my mind, I started the "schedule" which Adam had given me. But before that, I had to try my luck one more time.

I tried to open the doors and windows, to try to find an escape. But everything was locked. I was caged. Like a bird with no escape

And so I returned to do whatever work he had left for me. I would have to find an escape. But today was not the day.

As I was working, I faintly remembered a whisper saying ,"I'm Sorry ". But I pushed that at the back of my mind as I was sure they were mere hallucinations or sleep playing tricks with my mind.

Nonetheless, it wasn't possible that Adam would feel regret.

-------

I was done making breakfast when Adam came and sat on the dining table.

I gulped at his sight. I am sure he is angry for every single word I uttered the past night.

"A..Adam", I called out.

He didn't say anything.

"I..Im..I'm sorry f..for..last night. Please don't hurt Jay for my mistakes"

His jaw clenched as soon I mentioned all this and his hands balled into a fist.

"Just serve me the breakfast," he spoke authoratively.

And I did. I served him the breakfast and left from his sight. I felt anger emanating from him and I did not want to be part of his anger.

I silently went to our room and laid out his clothes for work. I gently smiled when I remembered my own silly thoughts as a teenager

I always imagined doing all these little things for Adam once we get married, I would be the one who would select his outfits everyday, something which would match my own. But now these only brought tears to my eyes knowing the situation I was in.

But I didn't cry. It was pointless to wallow over my situation. The only thing I could do now is to stay with him and find ways to escape his tyranny.

My thoughts shifted when he entered the room. He didn't spare me a glance when he took the clothes laid out by me and entered the washroom. Soon he came out looking dashing as ever leaving me behind in this hell hole all alone.

-------

The entire day I kept working. I cleaned up this entire house and prepared dinner for him. Cleaning the house alone took a huge part of the day, because of the size of this mansion

I was missing Jay a lot and wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't, as I did not have my phone with me.

So the only way I could escape the boredom was work, and that is what I did.

After I was done with preparing dinner, Adam entered the house, looking lost in his own world.

As soon as he saw me his expression changed but he did not utter a single word.

And so I spoke in a barely a whisper, stuttering due to my fear of him.

"D..dinners ready"

He did not say anything, just nodded and left to have his dinner.

And that is when my mind travelled to the last part of my schedule. Immediately tears filled my eyes at the thought of what I was about to do. About how I was about to willingly give up my dignity.

But I had to do it. For Jay I had to

And so I wiped my cheek with the back of my hand and left to do the one thing I never wanted to...

Sooo. You all know what she is about to do. The only question is how Adam will react.

I am sorry, it was kind of a boring chapter

Vote , comment and share ☺💕💕