58

* I dont know whether her mom had a name before in this book, so I'll just call her Mary.

Ava's pov

As we were waiting for the door to open, I clutched onto Adam's hand a little harder.

How will I parents be like? How will they react when they see me? Do I have any siblings? If so, what will they be like?

So many questions. Questions to which I had no answer.

I finally heard a fumbling of keys and my breathe hitched at that. The door knob moved and finally the door opened to reveal a tall boy who looked like he was probably 16 or 17.

Should I say something? I looked at Adam who looked at me with a reassuring smile.

"He is your brother. Jay," he lightly whispered.

The boy, who was called Jay just kept staring at me with eyes filled with fright

At that moment, I lightly whispered a small 'hi' to which he replied my slamming the door on my face.

I heard a large scream from the other side of the door and I knew Jay was frightened as hell.

"Who the hell are you?" he screamed.

"Jay," I called out," I'm your sister. A...Sabrina."

"Fuck fuck fuck. Oh my God. There's a ghost here."

I looked at Adam desperately who called out to Jay after that,

"Jay. Remember how they never found Sabrina's body. Because there wasn't a body to be found. She didn't die Jay. She was alive all this time. And now she is back"

After Adam said that, Jay was quite for a while. He didn't reply anything and at that moment a thought popped in my mind. What exactly happened when they thought I died? How was my supposed death like?

But before I could ponder anymore on these thoughts, the door opened and Jay stood in front of me with eyes filled with tears. Although I didn't remember him, I could feel the connection we had. The bond between us.

"Are you...are you really Sabrina?"

I simply nodded in answer and soon as I did that, Jay moved ahead to engulf me in a hug. I knew he was sobbing and for some reason, I couldn't control my tears too as they kept flowing from my eyes.

"I thought...i thought I lost you forever."

"I'm here Jay. I'm here"

-----

Adam explained Jay everything which was there to explain. And although initially Jay was shocked, he slowly came to accept whatever we had told him.

And after all this, I asked him to fill in about our family to me. I expected more from him. I expected him to tell me everything. But he barely spoke about our parents which slightly bothered me

"What about mom and dad? How are they like? Are they home now?," I finally questioned, not being able to keep my curiosity to myself

Adam and Jay shared a look which told me that there was something fishy going on here which I had no idea about.

"Uh mom's gone out for some grocery shopping. She will be back soon. And dad well, he is probably in his room now. He has a slight fever which is why he is probably sleeping. "

"Oh. Well. Can I...can I meet him?"

"I...why don't we let him rest now. Ya"

"But. I think he would want to know if his daughter arrived after two whole years don't you think. I mean...I am ofcourse nervous about meeting him. But still, I want to know him. I want to know my father"