43

Ava's pov

We were cross checking whether we had everything in place. The journey was long and tiring, but nevertheless, I was happy that we got to do something this way, together.

I know Draco wanted more from me although he would never vocalise it, and I wanted to give him more too. But something was always pulling be back, it stopped me from giving my entirety to him.

Maybe this would be a great opportunity for me to finally let go of everything and give my heart and soul completely to him.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I did not realise when Lia stormed past me to god knows where.

I turned and my eyes started roaming everywhere, but I couldn't catch one glimpse of her anywhere

Immediately me and Draco parted ways to go search for our little daughter. My heart was beating rapidly as I frantically started looking for her everywhere. But she was nowhere in sight

Suddenly, I saw her running past some man. Immediately, I went after her not caring who came in my way.

Soon I caught hold of her and as soon she turned I hugged her with all might.

There was just this unknown fear going through my chest when I didn't find her. And although unknown, the pain just seemed too familiar for my liking.

"Lia. Thank god you are here. I can't lose you too sweetheart."

"Momma. Did you lose Dada?"

I pulled back in confusion,

"Huh?"

"You said you dinn want to lose me too. Is Dada lost too?"

I furrowed my brows in confusion. Why did I say that to her?

"No baby. Dada is here. But you. I am so angry at you Lia. Why did you run away. Did you know you gave momma such a scare?"

Her eyes turned misty as soon as I said that. But she didn't utter anything in response.

"Momma is asking you something. Why did you run away? I had to look for you everywhere. I thought my Lia was a good girl. But good girls don't do like this."

"I'm...I'm sorry Momma," Lia spoke as she tried to hold back her tears.

I was about to open my mouth to shout at her again when I heard that voice, that voice which took breath away, that voice which I heard everyday in my dreams, that voice which claimed to love me.

"Excuse me ma'am. The girl already looks scared enough. I am sure she is sorry for whatever she did."

My breath hitched as my heart rate accelerated in my thorax. For some reason, I wanted to hide somewhere as soon as I heard that person, and yet for some very unknown reason , I just wanted to turn back and look at who he was.

I was about to turn back to look at that person, when Draco appeared in front of me.

"Oh thank god Ava that you found Lia. I was going crazy. Now come along, we are already late."

I nodded and followed after him, not before turning my head a little to glance at who that person was.

He had broad shoulders and his back was turned to me. He was talking to a woman with jet black hair which stopped at her shoulder. The woman looked worried. Probably she was his girlfriend.

I didn't realise that I kept staring at him when Draco called me

"Sunshine, what's wrong"

My glance broke as I blinked for quite a number of times together,

"Nothing Draco. Let's go."

And with that, I walked away with my little family. The family I hoped I could accept soon.

Adam's pov

I was staring intently, out of the balcony of the room I was in residing in. The hotel was huge and everything was in order. My business partners did a good work selecting this place for my stay.

I should be probably be resting right now. But I was just standing at the same position for hours, my mind wondering back to that woman who left me astounded with just one touch.

This was not right. I wasn't supposed to think about anyone besides my Sabrina. She was the only one in my heart and mind.

But yet somehow, I couldn't help but recall that sense of familiarity, the feeling of home, captivating me for just those mere seconds.

No. This was not right. Why was this unknown woman filling my mind. I didn't even see how she looks. I need to get this away from my mind.

And so I left the balcony as soon as that thought raised in mind, and went to my bed, in hopes of getting a few moment of sleep where I could finally be reunited with my Sabrina and my Hope.

--------

Draco's pov

I was intently staring at Ava who was just laying on her back in the bed and was lost in her thoughts. I knew something was up with her but I didn't want to force her to open up

But still, I was ready to ask because I knew she needed someone.

I sat at the bed, beside her, and gently ran my fingers through her hair.

Immediately, she stance broke, as she looked towards me and gave me a smile.

"Are you okay?" I questioned

"Ya ofcourse. Why wouldn't I be?" She said with a smile. But I knew that smile was masking what she truly felt.

"Sure?"

"Yes Draco. Sure."

I didn't question her further.

I just went and laid beside her, with my hands on my stomach, as we both stared at the ceiling above. This was our thing.

"Draco," she called out

I hummed in response.

"I sometimes wonder about you know, my family, friends or just people who knew me in general."

"It's normal to wonder sunshine."

"It's just. I have you and Lia now. You both mean so much to me. I shouldn't be wondering about all these now."

Immediately I turned my body towards her and spoke,

"Ava. Look I know you are trying your best with us. But it's okay love. It's okay to think about everyone in your past. As long I am there in your present, I don't mind."

"Why are you so sweet to me?" She asked, her eyes holding so many questions together. Her those two beautiful eyes.

"Because I love you"

"I...I love you guys too. Just.."

I knew she was not ready. So I placed my finger gently on her lips as I said,

"Shh. It's okay love. You are not ready yet. I understand"

She didn't say a single word after, she only moved ahead to lay on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her, trying to hold her with me...forever.

I loved this woman. And I didn't want to let her go.

The votes to reads ratio keeps decreasing :( Silent readers, please show your love through a vote 🙂🙂🙂

Hope you all liked the chapter❤