27

Sabrina's pov.

I silently walked, with my eyes staring intently at my shoes, to where Adam and Jay were waiting for me.

As soon as I reached there, Adam marched towards me with concern marring his face. He gently placed his hand on my right cheek and moved a strand of hair from my face using the other.

"What happened?" He asked," are you okay?"

His words were so soft spoken that they seemed to open the gate to my tears, because as soon as he said that my eyes flooded and a sob escaped my mouth.

This time he brought his other hand to my face, cupping my cheeks with them,

"Hey, hey. Look at me. What's wrong?"

"Can we please leave?" I enquired back with a meek tone. I didn't know why was I asking that. Instead of this, I should've planned my escape. But I just couldn't. And it wasn't just my life at stake now that I could risk it.

"No!" Jay interjected as soon as I said that," you can't leave. You have to stay here today."

Before I could reply to him, my mom appeared behind him with a malicious look on her face. The way her eyes squinted as she glared at me reminded me of a pit vipers slit like pupils. The burning animosity developing in her dark orbs clearly depicted that she was here to create some drama. And I wanted nothing more than to leave before she said anything infront of Adam

"Jay I..I'll come back soon to meet you some other time," I spoke,with that same weary tone.

"But..." he was about to oppose when me mom gritted,

"Jay, go to your room."

"But mo..."

"I SAID GO TO YOUR ROOM. "

Jay looked distraught as his gaze kept shifting from me to my mother. He looked as if he wanted to say something. But he didn't, as he angrily stormed away towards his room.

After he left, my mom looked back towards my direction.

"I hope you remember that you are not invited here again and that I don't want to see your face anymore."

As soon as she said that, I felt Adam's warm hand clasping around mine in a tight hold. He looked angry. Not angry. He looked furious.

"Excuse me, Mrs. May," he gritted, trying his best to keep his tone down.

"I am not talking to you Adam. So please don't interfer. I am talking to my so called daughter."

"Well your so called daughter is my wife. And I will not bare anyone talking to her like that"

My eyes turned towards him in shock as soon as he said that. And then it returned. That same stupid feeling in my heart which I was trying my best to stop.

Why was Adam doing this? Never before had he willingly accepted our relation. For him this wedding was only a means to hurt me. Then why was he taking my side now?

My mom was about to scream back at Adam, when I interrupted, " Adam please. Let's go"

I didn't want a fight to occur here where my mom might accidentally reveal the truth she had just found out. I had to do something before something like that occurs.

Adam nodded grimly, after which he gave my mom a dirty look and then turned away, walking towards the door with me behind him.

My mom opted to stay quite as we silently left her premises. Although she didn't hold back her evil looks from showing.