55

Ava's pov

After spending the entire day outside, visiting places that were related to who I was, we returned home.

As I was walking back to my room, I briefly looked at Adam. He looked calm and at peace. I couldn't really make out what he was thinking or perhaps what he was feeling right now.

But I surely knew what I felt. I felt happy. And this happiness felt infectious. It started as a tingle in my fingers and toes, much like the feeling I have when I'm anxious, but instead of worrisome it felt warm. I could feel it pass through me like a warm ocean wave, washing away the stress of my day to leave me refreshed inside.

And at the moment, I just moved ahead to hug him.

He was shocked. Definitely. But he hugged me back and held me so close to himself as if he was scared of letting me go.

I couldn't really explain my happiness. Maybe it was because I was finally able to know myself. Of who I am

But little did I know, that knowing my own self would cause me way more pain that anything else could.

---

It had already been two weeks since I have been staying here with Adam. And everyday was better than the other.

He spent his time with me, taking care of me, making me feel loved, letting me know more and more about who I was. And honestly, I was so grateful for all of it.

He felt like home.

But no matter how much happiness I recieved here, one thing constantly bothered me all these days.

Draco

Not once did he talk to me in these two weeks. And I couldn't help but feel guilty for leaving him this way. He did so much for me the past two years. And I didn't think once before hurting him this way.

At least , he did let me talk to Lia every day. I knew no matter how angry he was with me, his love for Lia was far greater. Something which I was very thankful for. Otherwise, I would've gone crazy with guilt while spending my time here.

I just hope that he lets go of his anger too. He was my family too. And I had already lost too many things to let go off him too

Draco's pov

I was trying to work on my laptop, but somehow my thoughts kept shifting towards her. Frustrated, I closed my laptop as I knew I wouldn't get any work done.

Two weeks without her.

I can't lie. I did miss her. Alot.

But was I still going to be a stubborn asshole and not talk to her? Definitely

I knew where she was coming from. She always voiced her concerns about not finding her true self to me. But how could she just leave me like that in the middle of the night? She did not love me. But did the past two years mean nothing to her?

The two years we spent together as a family.

At first, I thought I wouldn't let Lia be in contact with her too. But I knew my baby missed her momma alot. I couldn't let my anger affect her.

Although I was very angry, I was a bit concerned for her too. After all, I had no idea where she went.

As these thoughts ran through my mind, suddenly my phone rang and as I looked at the screen, my anger increased more. But nonetheless, I picked up the call

"Draco love. You've been avoiding me for a long time haven't you?"

"What do you want?"

"Well I would probably ask how you are and make small talks. But since you are not in the mood, lemme just get to the point. I want to meet Lia "