Chapter 1

(Y/N)'S POV:

You awoke to the sound of your alarm, just like every morning before. A completely normal start to your day; if only this was a normal day.

'It's still weird waking up without my family here.'

It had been about three weeks since you had moved to Japan to go to UA and pursue your dream of becoming a pro hero. Though, you did really miss your home and family back in your home country.

Your also kinda of worried because even though you know Japanese well enough, you're still not confident about your accent and pronunciation. You didn't want to sound weird or anything.

'Now's not the time to worry about things like that, you have to get ready.' You internalized.

After taking a shower and getting basic hygiene out of the way, you put on your new uniform and looked at yourself in the mirror. "You got this, (Y/n). Just don't think about it too much. You'll be fine!" You said to yourself.

Although you were never one to have low confidence, you were nervous about your first day at a hero school in a foreign country.

You walked out of your room of the small apartment and ate some leftovers from yesterday's dinner. After you were finished, you looked at your phone and realized it was time to go.

You were ready for your first day at UA high school!

As you walked the streets looking at the directions on your phone for the train station, you accidentally ran into someones back.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" You apologized.

"It's fine." Replied a monotone voice as the person you ran into turned around to look at you.

You were met with amazing heterochromatic eyes, one blue and one grey. You found yourself staring and awkwardly looked down to avoid eye contact. That's when you realized he had the same uniform as you.

"You go to UA too?" You asked, looking back his eyes. You also noticed that his hair was two different colors as well, red on the left side and white on the right.

"Yes." You were snapped out of your daze by his voice.

"That's cool! What class are you in?" He seemed bored with the conversation, but continued anyway.

"Class 1A."

"What a coincidence, me as well. You look older than a first year though." You pondered more to yourself then him. "Anyway, are you heading to the train station?"

"Yes." He replied.

"Well then, let's walk together."

With your barely finishing your sentence, he was already ahead of you without saying a word.

'Well that was awkward.' Even so, you didn't have any friends here and this your best chance to make one, so you followed behind him anyway.

"What's your name by the way?" You asked as you caught up to him.

"Todoroki Shoto."

"Nice, I'm (L/n) (Y/n)."

Awkward silence.

"So... what's your quirk?" You questioned him, trying to lessen the silence.

"Half Hot, Half Cold."

You nodded "That sounds so strong and it would explain your appearance as well." You smiled before explaining your quirk as well. "My quirk is Body Manipulation. It's a healing based quirk, but I can also numb parts of the body and even make people pass out, so it can be used as a combat quirk as well."

"Sure." He still sounded bored, so you stopped talking and just walked with him.

After a little bit, you guys arrived at the station and got on the train to Musutafu. (The city UA is in.)

Todoroki sat in a seat near the door, you decided not to bug him anymore and sat on the other side of the train.

Well that was a total blow at trying to make a friend.

'It's okay. You still have more opportunities to get along with other people.' You thought to yourself as the train set off to your new school.