Chapter 28

(Y/N)'S POV: 

The rest of the day went on as usual, the only exception being that Iida seemed to go home before anyone noticed, so the usual walk just included You, Midoriya, and Ochako.

Once you got home you changed out of your uniform and took a seat on the couch. You looked down at the list in your hand of all the hero agencies that recommended you. You were still quite surprised that a little over a hundred people wanted you to internship for them.

You recognized a few names from the paper, but some were still unfamiliar. 

The problem is, you didn't really know what you wanted to work on. Sure, you should just stick to the traditional healing hero agency since that directly relates to your quirk and is what your most skilled at, but you also wanted to train your quirk for more combat. At the same time, you kinda wanted help with your body's balance and athleticism.

You decided to do a little research on certain agencies. After reading about twenty or so, none that really interested you, you found a hero that was on your list. Her hero name was apparently Medic, which is pretty straightforward. From what your research says, she mainly works in a hospital in Hosu City, but she also goes out in the field to help heal citizens and heroes alike. 

She seemed to have an amazing reputation and an semi large fan base, so you took immediate interest and circled her name. You went back to researching, just in case any more good ones pops up, but after hours on your search engine, you concluded that Medic's agency was the best for you and filled out your request form.

Afterwards, you decided to watch some T.V. It turned to the news channel and you were about to change it when you heard the name Ingenium. You remember Midoriya telling you that he was Iida's older brother and decided to listen in. 

It talked about how the pro hero was attacked by the hero killer, Stain. You thought about how Iida must feel about this and felt pretty bad for him. You and Iida weren't incredibly close, but he was still a friend and you wanted to make him happy when times might be tough.

After hearing of the attack, you turned off your television and made your way to the kitchen. You looked through the ingredients you had. From what you could tell, you had everything you needed. You searched up a quick recipe or chocolate chip cookies and got to work.

You mix up all the ingredients, rolled up the dough and put them in the oven. In no time, the alarm went off telling you to take the cookies out of the oven. 

After letting them cool off, you took one of your creations and ate a small portion of it. You had to give yourself credit, these weren't that bad.

'I'm sure Iida and his brother would love these!' You internally complimented yourself. You knew it wasn't much, but if your able to at least help your blue haired friend cheer up, if even a little bit, you would be content with yourself.

After eating the rest of the cookie, you put the other ones in a small, cardboard box. You tied the box with a blue ribbon and stuck in the fridge. You cleaned up your mess before making you way to bed.

(TIME SKIP)

The next morning arose. You woke up and groggily got ready for school. You were about to make it outside the door, but not before you grabbed the box of cookies. 

Once outside, you were walking alongside Shoto and it wasn't long before he pointed out the object in your hands.

"What's the box for?" He asked.

"It's for Iida. His brother got hurt and I wanted to cheer him up, so I made cookies!" You smiled up at him.

Shoto nodded his head in understanding "I'm sure he'll enjoy them."

"Aww. Thanks." After that, you guys only made small talk as you made your way to school. Once inside your classroom, you were lucky to see Iida sitting at his desk, early as always.

You waved off Shoto before heading over to him and sat in the desk in front of him. 

He looked up, noticing your presence. "Good morning (L/n). What brings you over here?" He asked in his usual stern voice.

"Morning Iida. I heard about your brother. I was just wondering how he's doing." He looked a little surprised.

"My brother is doing fine, I visit him in the hospital and he seems to be recovering........ He won't be able to do hero work anymore, but he'll be out of the hospital soon." He reported, just hearing his voice you could tell he cared for his brother a great deal.

"I see.... well, it's good to hear he's recovering." You held out the box to him. "I'm not sure what you guys like, but I made some chocolate chip cookies after hearing the news. I hope you could share them with your brother the next time you see him." You smiled softly in his direction.

He looked down, perplexed at the small box in front of him. He took it out of your hands. "You didn't have to do this (L/n). I'm sorry if I perhaps worried you." 

"Don't worry about it. I wanted to do this...... and hey... me, Midoriya, and Ochako....... we're your friends, okay? Never hesitate to talk to us." You told him.

"I understand. Thank you for the cookies, It was quite kind of you. I'll make sure to give some to my brother after school." He announced. He sounded a bit more at ease and you were glad you were able to cheer him up a bit. You smiled before heading back to your desk.

The day continued as usual. After school, Iida still went ahead of us.

"So where are you guys going to your internships?" You asked as you guys were walking.

"I'm going with Gunhead!" Ochako shouted, punching a fist in the air.

"Hehe, you seem pretty passionate about that, Ochako." You stated.

"Yup! After fighting with Bakugou in the Sports Festival, I realized that I wanted to build on using my quirk in combat." 

"That's awesome, what about you, Midoriya?" You turned to the green eyed boy.

"O-oh... well, I was able to get an offer after all, so I'm going with that." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Seriously! That's awesome Midoriya." You felt pretty proud of him. You knew he was a bit reckless in the Sports Festival, but you were still kinda surprised when you found out that he didn't get a single offer in class, especially when he got first place in the race. You think he did pretty well.

"So, which pro hero recommended you?" You asked.

"H-his name is Gran Torino." He said, a bit flustered over the compliment.

"Oh cool, I've never heard of him, though." You laughed. The conversation continued until you got on your train. After that you headed off to your house with Todoroki. 

Once home, You decided it would be best to train your quirk a little for your internships. 

You started out with simple things, like healing the small cuts and bruises that you ignore from a day to day basis. Then going on to numb certain parts of your body and making more blood rush to different parts of your body, that could definitely be dangerous because if you move too much blood it could make me pass out or lose oxygen in parts of your body. Luckily though, You have been practicing this process for as long as you can remember.

After a couple of hours of doing small things like that, you started to feel a bit tired and decided to get ready for bed, knowing that in a few days, you would start your internship.

(A/N): I feel like Iida is such an underappreciated character, so I decided to add a little something for him. Also... I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday Todoroki! I wanted to post something for his birthday, but I ended up procrastinating. Anyway, thank you for reading!