Chapter 3

(Y/N)'S POV:

As soon as you walked into the new classroom, you took a moment to really take it all in. It was really large, but simplistic. There wasn't too much to see, but it still felt so fancy and nice.

You realized the green haired boy was no longer near you, as he was soon approached by a tall, blue haired guy.

You didn't want to interrupt them so you wandered off to find a desk.

You saw Todoroki sitting in the back corner of the room. as the stubborn person you are, you decided to try and sit next to him and fix whatever was the issue here.

"What's up, Todoroki?"

"Nothing." He replied coldly.

You know it was probably just his personality or he was just in some crappy mood, but you weren't taking this too well.

"Did I do something wrong to you or something?" You asked.

He didn't reply, so you pressed on. "I know I might annoying, but I'm just trying to be kind to you. I just thought we could be friends or whatever. Plus I'm new to Japan, so if I'm doing something wrong or disrespectful, just tell me so I can stop. I will."

He looked at you, eyes just a tiny bit widened."You're fine." He said with his continuous monotone voice, but this was the best you've gotten from him since you guys met.

You smiled at him "Thank you."

The bell rings and a man in a sleeping bag comes into the room, sorta looking like a caterpillar. He introduces himself as Aizawa Shota and says that he's our new homeroom teacher.

He then pulls gym uniforms out of his sleeping bag and says to get in them and meet him outside.

'I guess these are the things you should expect at UA.'

You headed to the classroom and went to go get changed. Afterwards you made your way out to a large dirt field where all the other students were.

Aizawa-sensei immediately began talking and told one of the students to come up. The boy had spiky blonde, almost white, hair and deep crimson eyes.

Aizawa-sensei told the kid, who he referred to as Bakugou, to throw the ball as far as he can. Sensei said he can do anything, including using his quirk, as long as he stays in a small circle painted into the ground.

He smiles and gets ready to throw the ball. As he throws the ball, he shouts at the top of his lunges "DIEEEEEEE!!!!" and sends the ball flying with an explosion emitted from his hands. Aizawa-sensei turns to us and shows a device that tells how far the ball goes. The device shows 705.2 meters.

'What a strong quirk!' You couldn't help gawking at the boy.

Aizawa-sensei told us that we would be doing a quirk apprehension test to show our ability, but of course there was a catch.

"Who ever lands in last place will be deemed unworthy and will be expelled."

'Oh god' You couldn't help but think.

Your quirk was Body Manipulation. Practically, you manipulate your stamina to do things such as regenerate or reduce cells, transfer energy to another person, clot blood, or even kill off pathogens and/or cells in yours or another's body. You could also numb senses and parts of the body and make people pass out, making it kind of useful, but only to a certain extent. In summary, let's just say it's not much of a combat quirk.

You have tried your best to build your fighting skills to make up for it and your even dabbled in a few weapons, but the fact of the matter is, you should have probably just ended up in the support course.

The only reason you even got into the hero course was due to healing people and earning hero points in the entrance exam. After you were done, you were sure that you wouldn't get in because you couldn't defeat any robots, but then, to your surprise, you got your acceptance letter.

But now you were debating whether coming here was a good idea. Now that you probably going to get expelled on the first day.

'Don't think of that. I'm sure you can make your quirk useful.' You tried to reassure yourself, but still, the anxiety got to you.

The first test was the 50-Meter Race. You couldn't think of anyway to use your quirk and got 6.83 seconds.

Next was the Grip Strength. You decided to add extra layers of skin to your hands while gripping the weight, making your grip stronger. You ended with 205.0kg, which wasn't bad.

The seated toe touch wasn't bad because you were able to make your back more flexible. You also did well in the sit ups because you're able to regulate your breath and stamina.

Otherwise you had average scores on the rest of the tests even when you used your quirk. It was quite disappointing to say the least.

After everything was finished, you crossed your fingers as Aizawa-sensei pulled up the rankings. You looked for your name and was relieved to find you were placed in 18th place.

It was comforting that you would still get to go further in the year, but you still were kind of ashamed on how low you placed.

'I need to work harder and find better ways to use my quirk.' You reminded yourself.

Out of curiosity, you looked to who placed last and saw that it was someone named 'Midoriya'. You looked around the class to try to find out who Midoriya was.

You saw the green haired boy you talked to this morning. He was quivering with a shocked face. You considered the possibility of him being Midoriya when you suddenly got interrupted.

"By the way, that whole expulsion thing was a lie to make you guys try your best." Aizawa-sensei said.

The look on the green haired boy was one of relief. Based on his reactions, you concluded that he must be Midoriya.

'Well it's good he is not getting expelled. He was so nice to me.'

(A/N): Thank you for reading. I'm not a very good writer, but I'm trying.