Chapter 16

(Y/N)'S POV:

We made our way to the field where Midnight was on a stage. Soon enough, all the other classes joined us.

"Representing the students, Katsuki Bakugou, from class A!" Midnight finally exclaimed. Bakugou started walking up to the stage in his usual manner. He did get first place in the entrance exam, but still, he is probably the worst person to represent us.

He walked up to the mic and there was a moment of silence.

"I pledge, that I'll be number one." Your class started freaking out and everyone else booed him. Knowing his personality well enough, you excepted him to say that.

"At least you will be a nice stepping stone to jump off of." He said to Iida as he was yelling at him to be less disgraceful. Still you remained quiet and in place.

He walked off the stage while everyone was still booing him. After a while, the crowd started to calm down and we moved on to the activities.

Midnight announced that the first competition would be an obstacle race. You got in place to start. You were determined to win. You prepared yourself, stretching out your muscles when finally Present Mic counted down and you started.

You ran into a narrow tunnel, but soon got stuck in a crowd of people trying to shove their way through.

'Is this the first obstacle?'

All of a sudden you felt a cold rush near your feet. You remembered the second day of school where you were doing a hero vs. villain fight with Hagekure. You knew this cold feeling could only be one person.

'Todoroki!' You jumped onto the person's back in front of you. Not the most heroic move, but it worked as you looked down and saw peoples feet freeze to the ground. You jumped down the shocked persons back and started to maneuver through the confused crowd.

Once you got out of the tunnel, you noticed a few other students had made it out as well. They were looking up and you noticed a large zero pointer robots that you had to face in the entrance exam.

Once again you felt the familiar cold air around you, but this time it wasn't directed towards you.

The robots started to freeze and Todoroki started to run through a path he made in between them. You started to run towards the path as well, that was until you heard a voice speak up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. I froze them in a unstable position. They'll fall." Todoroki stated.

As he said, the robot started crumbling. You looked as it fell on the top of a few students. Your healer instincts took over as you made your way towards where they were crushed, only to be surprised by a blur of red shooting out of the ruble.

"Luckily it was me who got crushed." exclaimed a hard Kirishima. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I'm tired. Shut up.)

Another student also shot out of the rubble. He looked to be made out of sliver, similar to Kirishima.

Anyway, you didn't have time for this. If they were fine, then you had to keep moving. You heard explosions from where the rest of the robots were and looked up to see Momo with a canon.

She cleared the path and you started running through the robots.

You made your way to the next obstacle, which was a tight rope pit of death type thing. You didn't really have much tricks up your sleeve for this one, but you were able to go a little faster by calculating the balance of your body with your quirk. You made it across pretty fast considering you didn't have much of a quirk for this.

You started running to the last obstacle before the finish line. It was a minefield. You could kind of see the places where the mines were, but you knew you needed to be careful where you are stepping or you'll get blasted.

You looked at your surroundings. Todoroki and Bakugou were in the middle of the minefield. They looked like they were fighting with each other.

You also saw Midoriya near where you were. He was digging up a bunch of mines and putting them in a pile right by him. You weren't sure what he was doing, but you knew that it was probably something brilliant. He doesn't do something for the hell of it. He must have some kind of plan.

You shook your head. You can't think abut that right now. He is your competition currently and you can't afford to get distracted that easily.

You started running into the minefield. You saw other students starting to catch up to you. Luckily, you had a pretty good eyes (A/N: Haha. It's ironic because I literally can't see for shit.... ok I'll stop now.) and was able to maneuver through them fast enough, but that still didn't compare to the people with quirks that actually helped them.

Your running was interrupting by a huge explosion behind you. You looked towards it and saw a flying figure emerging from the smoke. You knew who it was when you saw the green hair.

Midoriya was on what seemed like a piece of metal from the robots we fought. He was currently flying through the air at an increasing speed.

'I knew it. He's just too amazing.' You internally said with a smile on your face. You were pretty proud of your friend, even if he was beating you.

'...............oh shit. He's beating me.'

You started running again as you saw Midoriya slam the piece of metal on another minefield right in front of Bakugou and Todoroki, holding them back. You heard the announcement of Midoriya's victory in first place and increased your speed. After a little longer, you cleared the minefield.

You ran with all your speed towards the finish line and made it in fourth place. You looked up to see the roaring crowd and smiled.

You looked over and saw Midoriya. You ran up to him and patted his back.

"You did so good out there!" You shouted.

"U-uh thanks (L/n)-chan, you did to." He blushed and looked away.

"Haha thanks, but I wasn't all that good. My quirks not really built for this stuff, ya know?" You said rubbing the back of your neck.

"What?! But your quirk is so amazing!" He said a bit to loud.

You gave off a bright smile. "Thank you. I'm glad you think that of me."

He blushed a little more and you decided to prepare for your next challenge.

"I'll talk to you later Midoriya!" You started walking away.

"See you!" He shouted back.

(A/N): I always start writing my name instead of (Y/n) because I'm so used to reading it like that. I end up catching myself luckily cause that wouldn't make to much sense if I published that (Haha). Anyway, thanks for reading!