Chapter 26

(Y/N)'S POV:

After hanging out with Midoriya, the rest of your off days were spent recovering your stamina and letting yourself relax.

Finally, it was the day to head back to school. You, on the other hand, was worrying about what you were going to say to a certain half and half boy. It had been a few days since you've even talked to Todoroki and you wanted to ask him about what he said about making friends, since it's been bugging you. Though, honestly, you would rather avoid him then anything else.

You truly did value Todoroki as a friend and you never really felt the need to question it, but when he said that you guys weren't going to UA to make friends, it felt he was just throwing that entire friendship and progress that you made with him away.

After a little longer, it was time for you to leave. You gathered your stuff and made your way out the front door.

Once you were outside, you saw Todoroki's figure on the other side of the street waiting, just as every day before. You took a deep breath and walked over to him.

"Good morning Todoroki!" You gave your usual greeting.

"Good morning." He replied, monotonous as always.

You guys had started walking. It was quiet between the two of since you were one to usually start a conversation. You decided it was a better time to ask him about what's been bothering you then ever.

"Hey, uh... Todoroki?" You tried to get his attention.

"Yes?" He turned his head in your direction.

"Am..... am I your friend?" You got strait to the point.

He gave you a questioning look. "Why are you asking that?"

"Well.... It kind of sounds stupid, but when you were challenging Midoriya before the Sports Festival, you said something like 'we're not here to make friends' or something like that. I'm sorry if I got too ahead of myself, but I just thought that at this point, we were friends, so... I don't know... it just hurt a little, you know?" You took a breath before continuing. "I know your pretty distant and you don't like making friends, but I was hoping that I could be an exception because I trust you and I thought that maybe, if even a little, that you trusted me too."

You looked up at him. Despite his nature, he looked almost shocked. He stayed like that for a few moments. You weren't sure if you should've said that, but the damage had already been done, so there was no time to regret.

He stayed silent for a few more moments before finally replying. "(L/n), I wasn't aware that you were worried about this and I'm sorry for not realizing it sooner. If you must know, there were a lot things I said that day that were out of context. I was overcome with a lot of anger and even when I heard you were in the nurses, unconscious, I didn't visit you, so I apologize. Though, I hope you understand that....... I see you as a good friend as well." He stopped walking and looked over at you.

Now, it was your turn to be shocked. This was so out of character for him. You were hoping for a positive response, but, at the most, you were expecting him to indirectly say you were his friend or say that he didn't mind you. But, instead, he strait up said that you were his friend. On top of that, apologized multiple times. You almost couldn't believe those words came out of his mouth.

"Wow....... um......... thank you, Todoroki. D-does this mean I can call you my best friend?" You have had plenty of close friends, but in all honesty, you've never had a best friend, so the thought of finally being able to have one was exciting.

"I can't stop you." He half jokingly rolled his eyes.

"Will you call me your best friend?" You were over joyed.