Chapter 21

(Y/N)'S POV:

It was finally time for your battle against Aoyama. You personally weren't sure how it would turn out. You knew if you could get close enough to him, you can use your quirk to make him pass out, the only problem was getting close enough. On top of that, you would at least need a few seconds for your quirk to give the desired effect.

If you remembered correctly, Aoyama can only use his quirk for one second before he gets stomach cramps. If you could get him to go past his limit, than you could have the perfect opportunity to defeat him.

Before you knew it, you heard Present Mic announcing your name through the speakers. You walked out on the field and looked at the crowd above you. It was much more intimidating when you were one of the only few on the field. You then heard Aoyama's name being called out as you saw his figure emerge.

You heard the countdown towards your guy's battle and got ready to dodge his attacks as much as possible. You activated your quirk and made you lower body a little lighter so that you can run faster.

"Start!"

Immediately, Aoyama shot a laser towards the area you were standing. Already prepared, you dodged it pretty easily.

He then did it again, but this time you only missed it by a hair. The same pattern repeated with each time getting a little more harder to dodge. At one point, he even singed your arm a bit. It hurt like hell, but you just used your quirk to heal it quickly.

Slowly, you were getting closer and closer and Aoyama definitely noticed this. His shots started getting more frequent and soon enough he started to look sick.

He stopped and you knew this was your opportunity. You jumped towards him and laid your hand on his shoulder. You quirk activated. Aoyama got more tired by the second and before you knew it, he was on the ground unconscious. You breathed out. You were exhausted.

"(Y/n) advances to the next round!" You heard Midnight announce. You looked down at Aoyama. You were more then fatigued, but as a healer, you weren't just going to leave him there.

You bent down and touched his chest before using your quirk on him. As he stirred awake in a daze, you walked off the stage.

After your match, you headed back to your seat in the stands to watch the battle unfold. You sat back down by Midoriya. He looked up from his notebook.

"Ah! (Y/n), You did so well." He smiled.

You smiled back. "Thank you, Midoriya. I'm glad you think so."

"Of course! Your quirk is more of a support type since it's healing, but you're really good at using it in a way that suits battle as well..." Your chest felt light as he rambled on. He talked about every quirk this way, but for some reason, you felt so special and happy when he praised you and your quirk.

You looked back at the field as the next battle started to commence. This time it was Tokoyami against Momo. They started, but it didn't last long.

Momo created a shield and blocked Dark Shadow's attacks, but while she was distracted on that, she didn't realize that she was slowly being pushed back. Not long after, she was out of bounds and defeated. You could see the despair as she fell to the ground. You felt incredibly bad for her, but there was nothing you could do about it.

Midoriya and Ojiro started talking about Tokoyami's quirk, but your mind was caught on something else. You noticed the full drink on the seat Ochako was previously sitting on.

You tapped Midoriya on his shoulder and he looked up at you in a questioning manner.

"Where's Ochako?"

We decided to look around for her. We walked down the hall looking through a couple of waiting rooms. Finally in waiting room two, you found her with Iida.

"Hey guys." You waved.

Ochako asked why you guys weren't watching the battles and Midoriya said that most of them ended quickly.

Ochako was obviously nervous about fighting Bakugou next. She tightened the grip on her wrist. You decided to walk up to her and put a arm around her shoulder. She smiled up at you in appreciation.

"I'm sure Bakugou won't use his full explosions on a girl." Iida tried to comfort her.

"He will." Midoriya stated bluntly. "Everyone is trying to make their way to the top. No one is thinking of holding back." He continued. "You've helped me so much Uraraka, so I thought that I could help too" He held up his notebook. "A plan to defeat Kacchan with your quirk."

"Thank you Deku-kun, but it's fine." Midoriya drew back. "During the Cavalry Battle I thought it would be better to team up with friends, but then Iida challenged you. It made me kind of embarrassed." She stood up, brushing your hand off her shoulder.

"Everyone is giving their all, so that means were all rivals." She walked towards the door. " If that's so... let's meet in the finals." She held up a shaky thumb.

You felt proud of Ochako. You had a feeling she was going to do amazing and you can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve. You'll be cheering her on with everything you got.

Ochako walked out of the room. You looked over to Iida and Midoriya. They still kind of looked a little shocked from Ochako's declaration, but they soon snapped out of it.

"Are you guys ready to go back up to the stands?" You asked and they both nodded in agreement.

You guys headed back up just as the last battle finished in a draw. The two competitors Kirishima and Tetsutetsu had pretty much the exact same quirk, so that came with no shock.

What you were really waiting to see was the next battle, Ochako against Bakugou.

(A/N): I told you guys that I would finish the Sports Festival this chapter, but I lied, though I will finish it next chapter. Anyway, thanks for reading!