Chapter 38

MIDORIYA'S POV:

After hanging out with (L/n)-chan, I got right back to studies and working out as much as I can.

I tried to not think about the feelings that I had when hanging with her, but I still processed them a couple of times.

I had always felt a certain degree of that bubbly feeling around her, but yesterday they just got super intense. It was like a mix of happiness, anxiety, excitement, and calmness all together, which is totally contradictory.

Though as the rest of the weekend passed by, I decided to let it go and plan to ask Iida and Uraraka.

Before I knew it, we were back at school for our first days of written exams.

I arrived into class about the same time as I did everyday and like normal, there were only a few people before me, including (L/n)-chan.

As normal she seemed to be talking to Todoroki. She was sitting in his desk while Todoroki was sitting. She was laughing at something he said, probably something blunt that he muttered.

Either way, another weird feeling washed over me, almost a mixture of sadness, disappointment, and frustration. Though unlike the other feeling, I was able to pinpoint this one.

Jealousy.

The real question is, why was I jealous? (L/n)-chan and I were good friends, but that didn't mean she can't have other friends and I knew how close she was to Todoroki.

"Oh Midoriya! Morning!" I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by the very girl I was thinking about.

I quickly shook off any negative thoughts I had before and made my way to where she was.

"Good morning (L/n)-chan and Todoroki. How are you guys?"

They both replied with a small 'good' before (L/n)-chan spoke up.

"Midoriya. I know I've said it so much times now, but thank you so much for the study session! You've helped me so much." She said and my eyes lit up, there's that unknown bubbly feeling I get.

"I... uh. You don't have to thank me. I wanted to help." I shyly smiled to her and she smiled back.

"Also tell your mom I said thanks for the food, it was literally to die for!" She exclaimed.

"Totally." I replied.

"You went to Midoriya's house, (Y/n)?" Todoroki asked.

"Yup! I've been over a couple of times, I stayed the night over the weekend cause we lost track of time." (L/n)-chan replied.

Todoroki looked mildly shocked, like this was the first time he was hearing this.

"What? You want me to come over to your house too, Shoto?" She laughed.

"No. You're unbearable enough at school, I can't imagine spending an entire night with you."

"Hey!!" She continued to banter. "Anyway Midoriya, I think I might actually get a good grade on this so thanks!!" She said.

"I'm glad!" I told her.

Right after I said that, the bell rang.

"Good luck!" I said before heading back to my desk.

Soon after going back to my desk, people started crowding in and class started.

Aizawa-sensei gave a brief lecture on cheating and the repercussions and then he started passing out the test.

Once I had got mine, my eyes were immediately glued to the paper.

I went through the problems one by one. For the most part I was able to figure out the solution the questions pretty quickly, only getting stuck from time to time.