Chapter 31

(Y/N)'S POV:

"What the hell are you guys doing here!?!" You shouted at the three males. They looked just as shocked as you were.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" Shoto tilted his head with a questioning look.

"That was my question!" You accused. For a few moments there was a silence among them before Iida spoke up.

"We were attacked." He explained.

You noticed his arm as soon as he started speaking. It was severely wounded. 

You sighed. You wanted more details, but you had a job to do and they were obviously in need of assistance.

"Just... tell me later. Right now I have heal you guys up." You walked over to Iida first, softly griping his arm. He winced, but you quickly activated your quirk and he seemed more relaxed. You could only close the wound and heal a little internal damage, but that was all.

You could tell by healing it that the injury was a stab wound from a larger knife. You thought about Iida's brother. He was attacked by the Hero Killer. He was known for using knives to kill victims.

You thought about Iida's internship. Wasn't Hosu where his brother was attacked? If so, what reason did Iida have to intern here.

Your eyes widened as you put all the puzzle pieces together.

"Iida, did you intern here to get avenge your brother? Was the Hero Killer the one who attacked you?" He looked momentarily shocked, but his face soon turned to guilt.

"Yes... I did. Even after you were so kind to me. I-i apologize." He slightly bowed. You weren't angry anymore, just concerned and a little confused at this point.

You laid a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay Iida, I understand. I just wish you were able to cope in a more healthier way, though. Remember what I said, you can always talk to me, okay?" He nodded. You didn't want to scold him. Sometimes grief leads to doing stupid things and you didn't want Iida to fell anymore guilty.

Instead, you wrapped up his arm and checked for anymore injuries. You found another small stab wound on his opposite arm. You decided to just heal it real quick.

After that, you moved on to Shoto.

"Then when did you and Midoriya come into the picture." You asked. You examined Shoto. He had two wounds on his arm and then a small cut on his cheek. You started to bandage his cheek.

"Well, I was passing by Hosu when my train was interrupted by the attack. I already catched on to what Iida might be doing so I tried to find him and was able to." Midoriya explained his point of view.

You looked up at Shoto with expecting eyes as you used your quirk on him arm. He took the sign and started talking. "I was helping my father when I got a text from Midoriya to the whole class. He only sent his location, but I had a feeling he wouldn't do that without reason, so I checked if everything was okay. Of course, it wasn't."

They all seemed to be in a bad mood from this, but you still had one prodding question.

"What happened to Stain then?" You questioned, moving on to Midoriya.

"We were able to knock him out and restrain him before the pros showed. Even after that, he escaped, but.... his heart was apparently punctured by a broken rib and he died." Shoto stated.

You dropped the bandages that you were wrapping around Midoriya's injured leg with and moved your hands to cover your mouth.

'He died?' You weren't able to shake the thought that your friends took down such a notorious killer.

The room went silent and Midoriya seemed to noticed your discomfort as placed a hand on your shoulder.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "H-have you been doing this all day, (L/n)-chan. You look a bit tired." He said, trying to change the subject.

You looked into his round eyes and couldn't help the way they blurred under your vision.

"Yeah I have, but that doesn't matter. There are still a few people here and they need healing. I don't have time to worry about myself." You claimed. Midoriya looked kind of concerned for you, but he nodded, knowing that this is what you needed to do.

You brushed off his hand, almost missing the sensation of touch, but you had to get up and do your job.

"I'll talk to you guys more tomorrow. You'll have to stay here for the night anyway, so get comfortable. I have to get back now." They all said goodnight to you as you made your way out the door.

After that interaction you still had a few patients to deal with. Luckily, they were very minor injuries and you didn't need to use your quirk for any of them.

Medic eventually found you and told you it's time to head back to the agency.

She grabbed you some hospital food and you ate it quickly before leaving the building.

"Exhausting, huh?" You heard Medic ask. You only nodded as you guys continued down the street.

She laughed a little "Yeah, that's what you should expect, becoming a pro hero and all. It's tiring and you never know when you will be called into work, but... you look back at all the people you help and you feel like everything was worth it. At least that's how I feel, but I guess some people don't, haha."

After she said that, you thought about all the patients you helped with today. You would be lying if you said that most of it wasn't a blur, but you could remember a lot of smiles, looks of relief, and thanks given to you. Thinking about it now, it seems like such a blessing. Be able help all these people in need, not needing nor expecting anything back.

You didn't realize it at the time, but you knew that this was your first look into the life of a hero. Thinking of that, you couldn't help the smile growing on your face.

You guys had continued walking in silence and eventually made it back to the agency.

She saw you to your respective room and told you to get good sleep.

You got ready for bed quickly and laid down. You brought out your phone and saw a message from Midoriya, ranting a little bit about his own interships and wishing you good luck as well. You also saw the message Todoroki was talking about, with Midoriya's location that is.

You had a million thoughts and unanswered questions. Even so, you fatigue took you over in the moment and you felt right into sleep.

(A/N): This chapter was poorly written and a couple of days late, but I had a pretty busy week so sorry about that. Even so, thanks for reading!