Chapter 8

(Y/N)'S POV:

After school I walked up to Ochako, Iida, and Midoriya, who were talking with each other about some random topic.

"You guys ready to leave?" You asked.

"Yup!" Ochako replied while lifting her bag over her shoulder. Midoriya looked at me then quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact with a blush on his cheeks.

'Great, he still is uncomfortable from what happened earlier.'

You guess you should apologize, but you didn't want to in front of the others. That would make it more embarrassing for him and that's the last thing you wanted to do.

You decided that it was best to do it tomorrow. It wasn't even your fault or anything, but he only did it to help you and you felt bad that it made him uncomfortable.

'You're over thinking it.' You told yourself.

"(L/n)?" Iida's voice brought you out of your thoughts.

"Hm?" You asked.

"You looked dazed. Is there something on your mind you would like to talk about, perhaps?" Ochako and Midoriya looked over with curiosity in their eyes.

"It's nothing. It's just........ um......." You couldn't tell them that you were thinking about something so embarrassing.

"My....... grocery list! Yeah, that's it. I have to buy groceries tonight, so I was thinking about what I was going to get and how much I was going to get and how long it will last and..... yeah." You rambled.

'That was least convincing excuse I have ever heard.'

"Okay......." Iida didn't seem to want to press on.

You guys arrived at the station and said your farewells to the others. You got on your train and sat by Todoroki as per usual.

He was your closest friend here. You guys are still trying to get used to one another since you've only known each other for a few days, but it was definitely more natural being with him and his cold attitude then it was when originally meeting.

The ride there was pretty quiet, but when you guys started walking to your apartment, he started talking.

"You look pretty concerned about something." He said.

The truth is, You were still thinking about how you were going to apologize to Midoriya. It was bugging you and you didn't know why.

You're not simple minded, but you've always been able to do and say whatever your mind tells you, so it was ridiculous that you were over thinking such a simple thing.

You sighed.

"It's just my grocery list." You used the same excuse as before, but Todoroki wasn't taking your bullshit.

"Sure." He said sarcastically "Now tell me what your really thinking about?" He rolled his eyes.

"Well..." you hesitated before letting out a sigh

"Me and Midoriya had this really awkward interaction today while the alarm was going off at lunch. He pulled me into him, like really into him, when I was about to be trampled by the crowd, but I couldn't move away from him, so we just stayed there. I tried to laugh it off because, sure, it was awkward, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal because Midoriya was trying to help me out of a really bad situation and we were friends, so it couldn't have been that bad, right, but he ended up avoiding any kind of interaction with me and I think that I made him feel super uncomfortable, so I want to apologize to him about it, so we don't stop being friends, but I don't know when I should or how I should or where I should and I just..."

"(L/n), breath." Todoroki interrupted you and you realized that you haven't took a breath throughout that entire rant.

Finally taking a well needed breath, you also realized that both of you had stopped walking even though you didn't remember doing that.

"Sorry, this has been nagging at me for a bit." You said after catching your breath.

"I've noticed." He didn't seem very interested, but you could never tell with him.

"What should I do?" You asked.

"I'm not good with this stuff." He replied.

"At least try to help me out here."

"Just apologize to him before class. Midoriya doesn't seem to be the type to care about those type of things" Todoroki didn't really care for his classmates, but he was good at noticing details and just, over all, observing, so you knew he knew things like this.

"Thanks, I'll try tomorrow."

"Okay, now let's go." He walked off and you followed him.

When you guys got to your Apartment, you waved goodbye to him and he waved too. He watched you go inside then walked in the direction of his own house.

(A/N): I don't have much reads, but it's really fun writing this. I don't really have any plans for love rivals, but there will be conflict along the way.