Chapter 22

MIDORIYA'S POV:

I was sitting next to (L/n)-chan and Iida when Kacchan and Uraraka's names were announced. They both walked out onto the tournament grounds. I was watching very closely because I wanted to see what Uraraka is going to do.

I heard Iida call out my name and I turned to him. "What was the strategy you were planning to give Uraraka?" He asked.

This seemed to get (L/n)-chan's attention to as she looked in our direction. Whenever (L/n)-chan's eyes are on me, I get pretty uncomfortable quickly, like I feel pressured to say everything perfectly. I don't know why this is though, she is such a nice person and would never yell at me. She always has a positive take on any situation, good or bad. I truly value her as a friend. Still, it doesn't make me feel at ease when I am around her. I always break out into a sweat and get warmer when she looks at me.

I remember the question Iida asked me. "Oh! Well it's nothing much. Kacchan's very strong and doesn't leave much opening when he fights. When he sweats he can make more explosions and also use these to propel himself in the air, but if Uraraka could touch him, she would be able to have the upper hand."

Just as I finished, the battle started. Uraraka started running towards Kacchan. Since he won't want Uraraka getting close to him, he will instead use counterattacks. When she got closer, Kacchan mercilessly blasted her back.

"OCHAKO!" (L/n)-chan yelled beside me. She was on the edge of her seat, showing her worry for Uraraka.

As the smoke cleared, there stood what looked like Uraraka, but it was really just her jacket used as a decoy to get behind Kacchan. This worked, but with Kacchan's quick reflexes, he picked up on it immediately and once again blasted her.

This continued, Uraraka would get close to him and he would blast her away. (L/n)-chan looked up above the battle and poked at my shoulder.

"Look Midoriya. Ochako is floating all that rubble above them." She stated as I looked in the same direction. (L/n)-chan was right. As the two were fighting on the ground, there had to be at least a ton of rocks that Uraraka has been collecting.

Uraraka than put her fingers together and and released. All the rubble came crashing down at once in the direction of Kacchan. That was an amazing strategy and she couldn't have played it out better, but..... that victory didn't last long.

As Uraraka was running up to Kacchan. Kacchan raised his hand up and in one single blast, he destroyed all the debris falling towards him and with that, pushing Uraraka away. The crowd went crazy.

Though, this didn't stop Uraraka. She shakily stood back up and Kacchan, once again, started to run towards her, but as she turned around, her knees buckled and she fell to the ground and soon after that, fell unconscious. Therefore, making Kacchan the victor. I really thought that she could have done it.

I looked over at (L/n)-chan. She looked very dejected and I couldn't help but feel even worse after seeing her like that.

I laid a hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me. I tried to contain the heat rising to my cheeks.

"Hey, she'll be fine. I'll make sure to check up on her on my way to the arena." I said, trying to make her feel better.

She simply nodded. "I know. Thank you and good luck." She smiled, making me smile as well. I took my hand off of her shoulder and started to walk to my battle with Todoroki.

(Y/N)'S POV:

Midoriya walked off, leaving you and Iida to yourselves. You were incredibly worried about Ochako. She did such an amazing job, so why did it have to end like it did?