Chapter 23

(Y/N)'S POV:

'My head..... it hurts.'

You woke up in a hazy fashion, trying to assemble your thoughts. Things were very unclear as you opened your eyes to a white ceiling. You tried to sit up and with a lot of effort from your sore body, you were able to. 

You examined your surroundings. You were in a room with white walls, you recognized it as the nurse's office in your school. You were on one of the beds, tucked in a plain looking blanket. From what you can see, you were the only one in the room at the moment. You looked outside the window to find a setting sun. 

Finally, your memories started coming back to your aching head. You were in the midst the Sports Festival and you visited Midoriya before your next battle. Recovery Girl was going to give him surgery, but that changed when you used your healing quirk hastily on him, resulting in you passing out. From the darkening sky, you could only assume that the Sports Festival was done and over with.

'So much for winning the Sports Festival.' You scoffed at yourself.

Though, even with the recollection, you still had a few questions. Who won the Sports Festival? How was Midoriya? Where is everyone? What happened to your battle with Tokoyami? What time is it? When was the last time you ate? 

As these questions swirled around your head, you heard the door creak open. You turned your head towards the noise, only to see Recovery Girl shuffle in the room.

"Oh! Hello deary. It seems that you woke up earlier then I thought you would." You nodded in her direction.

She started to waddle her way towards you. You immediately began to think she was going to examine you.

Though instead, when she got to you, she held up her syringe shaped cane and wacked you across the head with it.

"OW!" You instinctively rubbed the back of your head where you had been hit.

"I'm sure you are aware that using your quirk for personal reasons is prohibited in and out of school campus." She shook her head in disappointment. "While it is noble to want to help your friend, you should know that his injuries were above your ability. Even though you helped with his injuries, you weren't able to heal him fully and on top of that, you put yourself in a stage of vulnerability. You also slept through the rest of the Sports Festival, missing your opportunity at getting noticed by pros."

She continued. "I would have been able to heal him just as much as you did, if you had let me continue with the surgery. I truly hope that you understand that you made an incredibly ignorant decision." You were baffled by the sudden scolding and had to wrap the words around you head before you were able to reply.

"I........ I know. I'm sorry for causing you inconvenience, but I couldn't just stand there and watch my friend receive surgery when I could have helped speed the healing process. I hope you could forgive my rash decisions." Despite your soreness, you stood and bowed to the elderly lady.

"I should alert your homeroom teacher of this instance, but for now I will let you off the hook, deary. But if I find out you did this one more time, I will make sure you receive a proper punishment." She threatened.

"I understand! T-thank you!"  You stood up strait once again.

"Now if you are feeling well enough, you can start on your way home before it gets too dark." She said.

"I will. Thank you once again!" You shouted, grabbing your bag and running out the room, just happy you didn't receive a worse punishment.

You started to slow your walking once you got out of the front doors of the school. As you neared the gates, you noticed a figure sitting and looking down at their phone.