Chapter 35

MIDORIYA'S POV:

I was entering class thinking about what All Might had told me the day before. He shared with me everything about One for All and All for One. It was getting harder to wrap my head around the more  I thought about.

I decided to focus my attention on something else to get my mind off of it. I went over to Iida and had a conversation with him before class started.

Once the bell rang, we sat in our seats. As everyone was settling down. I had a sudden urge to spare a glance at (L/n)-chan. I looked at where her seat was and saw that she was having a conversation with Todoroki, who was next to her.

Her and Todoroki were obviously close. From what I know they live near each other and walk home together. They even call each other by their first names.

'I wonder if they're dating.' The thought popped into my head.

Heat suddenly rose to my face. 'Wahhh! Where were those thoughts coming from!? It's rude to assume that type of stuff and even if they are it's their private life.'

I hid my face until it cooled down. Even after scolding myself, I could help but think about it. For some reason, a uncomfortable feeling settled in me thinking about them dating. Though I wasn't able to pinpoint it.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts and turned my head to the front where Aizawa-sensei entered and was about to speak. I decided to focus on him instead of whatever was going on in my mind.

He went on with our first lesson and after class was over he seemed to have something else to say.

"Final exams are coming up in about a week. I'm sure you guys know that there is not just a written exam, but a practical part to it as well. Make sure to study your mind and body. If you are able to pass then you can go on the training camp during summer vacation. That's all." He finished off.

After he left the classroom everyone started to talk about the exams. I personally got a ranking of number 5/21 in the midterm, so I mainly wanted to focus on the practical exam.

I heard Ashido and Kaminari talk about how they didn't study and decided to try to give them a little encouragement.

"Kaminari, Ashido. L-let's do our best. We all want to go to the training camp right?" I told them. Iida and Todoroki also tried to help them out, but afterwards they seemed even more worried about it.

A few moments later, (L/n)-chan walked up to me and started a conversation.

"Hey Midoriya. What did you get on your Midterms?" She asked and gave me a smile.

Hey (L/n)-chan. I got 5/21! How about you?" I replied.

After I asked her, she gave a very gloomy look and glared at the ground. Her atmosphere around her almost seemed sinister. I flinched at how quickly her mood changed.

"14." Was all she said. I muttered a small 'oh' under my breath. She always seemed to be good with academics. Maybe not perfect, but she seems like a good student.

"It's not like I'm dumb or anything." She continued and I listened intently. "It's just that... every time there's a test, no matter how much I study, my hands start to get sweaty and shaky, and my mind goes completely blank. Any information that I had learned plops out of my head and I get all panicky. Then I always get bad scores. It's been happening all my life. I hate tests." She complained.

So that's why. She must have some kind of test anxiety. Most people get nervous over tests, but it must be hard having to deal with them with the panic she has.