Chapter 20

(Y/N)'S POV:

Your break continued for a little longer. Midoriya was dragged away by Ojiro to talk about the guy Midoriya will be fighting in the first round, Shinsou, you think his name is from what you remember. You decided to just wait around and rest till the battles finally began, and so it did.

You were on your way to choose a seat in the stands to watch the battles. You saw Ochako waving in your direction, telling you to sit down next to her and Iida. You took a seat in between them.

"Deku-kun is up first, huh?" Ochako asked, even though she knew the answer.

"Yup! I'm rooting for him, he'll do incredible, I just know it!" You said enthusiastically.

"You sure have a high impression of Midoriya-kun, (L/n)." Iida looked at you.

"I guess you could say that, but he truly deserves it." You replied, sheepishly rubbing the back of your head. Iida seemed to nod in agreement.

"Audience, the finals you have been waiting for have arrived." Present Mic screamed. He went on to explain that you win if you make the opponent immobile, out of bounds, or get them to say "I give up." and that if anything goes out of hand, Cementos will stop the battle.

"Now, for the first match, he done well so far, Midoriya Izuku!"

You hollered, showing your support.

"Versus, well there's not to much to say about him, Hitori Shinsou."

They were about to start the round. You saw that the Shinsou guy was saying something to Midoriya, but you couldn't make it out due to the distance and the roaring crowd.

Present Mic made the announcement, but Shinsou kept talking. You could see Midoriya's face shift into an angry one, as he shouted something back. He started going after him, but........

He froze.

Wait, why is he frozen? Ojiro yelled something about warning him. You, Iida, and Ochako stood up in anticipation.

Shinsou started talking again and Midoriya started walking.... towards the boundaries.

You weren't sure what was going on, but you ran to the railings separating you from the field Midoriya was fighting on.

"What the hell are you doing Midoriya!? Fight!" You yelled as loud as you possibly can, he gave no response. Your knuckles were turning white from clenching on to the bars. He couldn't loose, he got so far, without even using his quirk.

He was only a few feet away from out of bounds. You eyes were squinting, waiting for the moment he lost, but, for unknown reasons, his body stopped. You looked up once again.

'What's going on?' You internally asked.

He stayed there like that for a little while. Though, after a few seconds a blast of air surrounded his body. You jump up a bit from the shock. Midoriya was breathing heavily, but he was out that weird shock, so you smiled and cheered as loud as you can. Shinsou looked confused and surprised. 

You looked back down at him and noticed his fingers immediately, they were bruised.

'He used his quirk.' You deduced.

From there the battle did not last long. Midoriya attempted to push Shinsou out of bounds. Shinsou threw a few punches, but finally Midoriya was able to flip him out bounds. The battle was over with Midoriya as victor.

You smiled because you knew he would win.

A few minutes later you saw Midoriya walk near the stands and beckoned him to sit next to you guys.

"You did amazing Midoriya. I was rooting for you the entire time." You smiled at him.

"Thank you (L/n)-chan." He said with a little confidence.

The next round was about to start and you saw Todoroki walk up to the arena. You though about he said before.

'We're not here to make friends, so what does it matter?' Thinking about it still kinda made you sad, but you couldn't find yourself resenting someone you had made such progress as friends with.

You sighed. You decided to put your petty grudge aside for now and support your good friend, so when Todoroki Shoto's name was announced you clapped with a smirk on your face.

You would just ask him about it later, there was no meaning to get so worked over a simple sentence.

He was against Sero and for the first little portion it almost seemed like Sero had the upper hand, but that didn't last long. Soon enough, half of the stadium was frozen, including everything but Sero's head. Todoroki was victor and you cheered for him as he walked off the stage.

The next battle started, which was fought against Denki and Ibara, a student of class B. Present Mic called Ibara an assassin, but she made an entire speech about how she wold never kill and that didn't follow the morals of a hero.

Anyway, the battle only lasted a second. Denki tried to use his power, but Ibara's hair grew like vines and made a shield. She then grabbed Denki with her hair, so not only was he immobilized, but he also used all his electricity and was now an idiot.

As Ibara was walking off stage, you saw Midoriya pull out his notebook and started to write. Only thing is that as he wrote, he was mumbling as well about Ibara. After a little, you couldn't even make out the words he was saying. Everyone stared at him in shock.

You, on the other hand, just laughed it off and decided to comment. "It's really cool how you are always thinking of counterattacks to quirks Midoriya."

He jumped up, noticing what he was doing and turned away with a red face.

"It's more of a hobby than anything. That reminds me, I also have things on our class." He said as he turned to a page showing a pretty descriptive drawing of you with writing to the side. "Your quirk is so cool."

Now it was your turn to blush. Honestly you weren't expecting that. You gave a wide smile.

"Well I'm glad that I'm good enough to be in your notebook." You replied. He smiled as well, he was about to say something else, but he was interrupted by the announcement of the next round.

It was Iida against the pink haired girl named Hatsume. You were cheering for Iida, but you weren't sure how this was going to go down.

The battle started and you were quite surprised when you found Iida wearing support items. Hatsume said it was to help him since she thought that it was unfair, but that wasn't the case. She ended up using Iida as an advertisement for her machines. After that she was done, she just walked out of boundaries like that. Poor Iida.

Midoriya started mumbling again and you were mentally preparing yourself for your own battle, so of course, you guys didn't notice when Ochako stood up and loft.

You turned to Midoriya. "I'm going to head down now since my battle is next." You started to get up.

"Wait, (L/n)-Chan!" You turned back once you heard the green headed boy. "Do your best!" He said with a shaking thumbs up. You nodded in appreciation before heading down.

(A/N): Wow! I did not expect the Sports Festival arch this long to do. I promise I will finish it up next chapter. Also, I watched the first episode of season 4 when it came out and it was so awesome! Anyway, Thanks for reading!